MJ rear flares

Are they the same as XJ rear flares on a 96 sport? I wanna buy some nice new ones but can't find MJ parts new any where and i can get xj rears on ebay new. Ive seen people make the 98 plus rears work but it takes alot of work so i wanna run stock sport xj rears and 98 fronts with my 98 front clip.

Are they the same as XJ rear flares on a 96 sport? I wanna buy some nice new ones but can't find MJ parts new any where and i can get xj rears on ebay new. Ive seen people make the 98 plus rears work but it takes alot of work so i wanna run stock sport xj rears and 98 fronts with my 98 front clip.

Nope. MJ rear flares are unique, and handed to boot.

Front flares have the same general shape, and *can* be used, but the late model flares taper from thin to fat at the top, and it doesn't look right from certain angles:

FWIW, tire isn't centered b/c axle is moved back ~1.5"

You can see the bad angle here (getting wider as they go back):

FWIW, the late model bumper end caps works with the MJ overhang, if you cut it up a little, but I wasn't able to make it look cleanly at the end,

that + the skinny to fat flare thing made me ditch this idea (atleast for now).

i think they have to be legally covered everywhere in north america. just everytime you get pulled over just tell them they got stolen and your waiting for replacments. works every time. drove my YJ for 3 years with 14.5 inch rubber and no flares. say stolen or just play stupid.