To Cut...or not to cut?

JeepcoMJ

Cut the lower quarterpanels off the bed or no?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Cut the lower quarterpanels off the bed or no?

• Yes
    • No
    • I will make a suggestion

for my new rear bumper.

I'm going to wrap it around and ad sliders from the rear wheel well to the rear bumper.

but I can't figure out how to anchor it except to cut the lower bed sections off...I really don't want to do that...

call me crazy, but maybe someday I'll find a nice shortbed street truck needing a box, that has a box suitable for a clean wheeling truck :nuts:

but, I still debate on it. I could cut it and have the bumper set in nice but still do it's job..

I have another box right now too, that I could cut the sides off and then use tubing to outline the original bedsides and make the tubing follow the stock design then put trailer lights in the back. that would be cool...but alot of work that I don't have time for right now.

opinions? ideas?

You know my answer already. :brows:

I have the saws and cutters waiting to cut the box. ;)

We can raise the the front flares to the bodyline so your tires won't rub anymore. :chillin:

:cheers:

call me crazy, but maybe someday I'll find a nice shortbed street truck needing a box, that has a box suitable for a clean wheeling truck :nuts:

opinions? ideas?

Stop by I know you could swap boxes. :brows:

You might even get a roll cage for in the cab. :D

If you wheel it without the side protection.. you will end up cutting them off anyways. SO the solution is easy....hole saw a hole in it and run the protection down the out side so you can hang on all the narrow trails that wranglers love to lead longer vehicles down :brows:

i hate the idea of cutting it up, but that's your best option. i think you'll get the strength you need then. i would suggest carefully cutting it and saving the sheet metal in case you want to turn it back to original someday in the future or even for a repair on another rig. you never know so better safe than sorry. :thumbsup:

If you wheel it without the side protection.. you will end up cutting them off anyways. SO the solution is easy....hole saw a hole in it and run the protection down the out side so you can hang on all the narrow trails that wranglers love to lead longer vehicles down :brows:

I like your idea pingpong.

My only issue with running them along the side so you can avoid cutting them is.. it makes the rig wider. Around here most of the trails are narrow, cause mostly tj's run them, and they like putting tight switch back turns in them.. so for the longer vehicles have problems.

If it was me.. I would either put a rusty bed on it.. and take that one and have linex sprayed on the bottom and set it aside.. or buy a 3" hole saw.. and build your mount that way.