ground upgrade/repairs

I am planning on checking and repairing the grounds on my 88 Comanche.

I think i know where most of them are or will be able to find them.

I read that the ground strap from the engine to the body should be upgraded but would like to know what to replace it with?

If there are any grounds, other than the one behind the taillights, that are hidden, not readily visible, can someone please advise me?

I have just found out that there is one under the coolant bottle and one under the washer bottle (thanks 88xj sport)

Thank you for your help

I posted the complete electrical manual in the DIY form if you want to copy it to your computer and use it to help you out.

As far as the upgrade on the body strap...just get a short piece of battery cable, put some eyes on the ends and attach it in place of the braided sttrap that is there now if it is on bad shape. Mine is still in great shape and so far is not a problem so I have left it alone.

there's also the main block ground, below #5 and #6 spark plugs on the block. The dipstick tube support is also held on by it.

It's a stud with a nut on it, and it's kind of a PITA to get to, but make sure you service it as well. It's one of the main ground points for the engine harness.

Jeff

I've always wondered about the Import ground wire kits tuners use on their Honda's. I think it might be a pretty good add-on to a old Jeep renix system. They have all different kinds of kits and prices. This here is for an Eclipse and is listed for 21 buck.

Might be worth it ... :dunno: Hornbrod............................................. :waving:

I don't know JT - looks like a lot of MIC (Made in China) bling bling alum conductor stuff made for mega audio systems. I'd pass. :D

When I upgraded my electrical system ( 136A alt, electric fans, H4 lights, and power stuff) I got a complete set of mains cables here:

http://www.geocities.com/JeepI6Power/price.html

Jon has been making and selling high quality cable and electrical system protection devices for years, has a great rep and provides super support. :cheers: