LED Tailights

I do not see any reason that they would not be compatable.... I mean the Cherokee wiring is virtually identicle to comanche wiring in the applicable years... and with the years these fit spanning 9 years of manufacture they -should- be compatable.

I've got a little bodywork to do on my pass rear underneath my light housing (PO driving by braille I guess :mad: ) so I may go this route eventually.

Or I may buy LED replacements for my bulbs....I saw those on ebay or at the auto parts store.... I found this on amazon

31xtcZu5ULL._SS400_.jpg

31iSUuNGBXL._SS400_.jpg

this site also had replacement LED for the Bulb Configuration

http://www.GoRecon.com

category-_image-61.jpg

category-_image-62.jpg

Imagine how mut wattage that would free up in your vehicle! :thumbsup:

The wiring is NOT the same.

Cherokees (except for the 84 thru 86 XJ Wagoneers) have dedicated amber turn signals. The MJs share the same bulbs and filaments for both brake lights, 4-ways, and turn signals.

In a Cherokee, you can turn on the 4-ways and the brake lights will work and not lock up the 4-ways. In a Comanche, if you step on the brake while the 4-ways are on ... the brakes lock up the 4-way and they stop flashing.

Not to mention that an XJ housing is a completely different size and shape than an MJ housing.

Well with Eagle, Motion, and everyone else weighing in obviously I was wrong about the housing for the lights.... :dunce: LOL

I thought those parts were transferrable... :grrrr: Life goes on the LED Bulbs would work ok..

What other makes shared a tailight housing interchangeable with the Comanche tailight housing or was it unique to the manche?

The MJ taillights are unique. From a distance, they look almost identical to Dodge pickups of around the same vintage, and on the NAXJA forum someone once reported "reliably" that the Dodge taillights fit the MJ.

They don't. The general style and shape is similar, but the size and proportions are different.

The MJ taillights are unique. From a distance, they look almost identical to Dodge pickups of around the same vintage, and on the NAXJA forum someone once reported "reliably" that the Dodge taillights fit the MJ.

They don't. The general style and shape is similar, but the size and proportions are different.

I had wondered about this, they look virtually identical, but that doesn't mean they are.