Photos from our dog days of summer MJ owners meet and greet

I was thinking, as I have done before, it would be fun to get together and meet everyone that could make it to a weekend camping outing.

There is some very minor wheeling in the area where I am thinking about.

Lets make a date at the middle or end of August for a weekend to get together at Ohiopyle State Park in Pennsylvania and camp out at either a local camp ground or the State Park camp ground with all of the MJ Owners. We could take a white water trip together on Saturday or Sunday and we could go wheel along the Yough River at the wheeling area's that are close to Indian Creek and the Connellsville Rock Quary?

This would also give Peter Monte a chance to come down to PA and get these short bed MJ bedliners out of my sight.

Anyone?? What weekend??

How close to Erie is this? We have to pick up our daughter in Harborcreek one weekend in Aug.

Off Exit 90 something on the PA TPK.

It is about 3.5 hrs from Erie.

Are you on Erie Jeep People .com??

I am, but we live in IL. My mom's family is thick around Harborcreek. We have to attend the family reunion and bring her home. But fuel prices are WAY TOO high for me to convince the wife to bring the wheeling Jeep out with us.

The mommy-van? :hmm: Are you refering to the minivan or the Liberty? I can't wheel the libby until my folks buy it this winter. Until then it's still somebody else's lease. :D How much is a libby lift kit anyway? :brows: I could definitely see myself wheeling with 295 ft-lbs of torque.

My wedding reception is august 19.

the NAXJA MWC carnagefest is the following week.

If we can find a time I may be able to take Pete with me. You make it down 71 to Ashland and can ride right seat in my LWB.

You gotta ride with Rocky though, he's my wheeling buddy.

OK guys... I am trying to nail down a date to do this!!

Dates are filling up quick on everyone's calenders.

August 12th, 19th, or 26th are the choices.

I am voting for the 19th or 26th, and it looks like alot of folks can't make it on the 19th so...

August 26th?? Yea or Na??

i might be able to go, that is if i get my 86 oil leak fixed. if its not fixed i will lose too much oil on the trip. any date is fine by me. i could also drive the 88 and ppl could look at it if it isnt sold by then. i can't wheel it though being 2wd and for sale.

I need time (wanna do my classwork?), energy (sometimes I really hate being me), money (if we're talking about the 88) and a garage that doesn't have a black roof. Dang it's hot outside. :headpop: It's supposed to get cooler later this week so we'll see how it goes. At least I've killed all the hornets that took up residence in the truck.

How far west is this proposed location from Paragon (Hazleton)? Paragon is already 4 hours away for me, so I'm wondering how much farther the trek would be.

Short bedliners? PLURAL? Somebody needs to get rid of short bedliners?

OK,

I am about to pick a date, either the 26th of August, or the Labor Day weekend.

As for distance from Paragon, it is about 3.5 hours from Paragon.

It is close to Uniontown Pennsylvania for those of you who need a real town to Google.

Opinions on Labor Day Weekend??

My plan would be for the group of us to go White Water Rafting on Saturday or Sunday (labor day weekend) at a cost of $50 per six man raft plus $2.50 launch permit and $2.50 shuttle token. So divide $50 by either 4 5 or 6 and add $5 and that will give you the cost. Helmet's and Life Jackets will be provided for the $50 cost. No Alcohol allowed inside state park, there are pubs and private places to drink after the trip.

Depending on the number of people who will attend I would be willing to provide a packed lunch (cold cut smorgasboard and drinks) to take down the river with us for probably an additional $4 per person. I'll provide the coolers and the dry bags to pack the lunches in.

As for a wheeling trip, we can wheel in the Indian Creek Mouth area that I spoke of earlier in this post. It is really a quick trip, only a few miles long, a few small water crossings, 1 rickety old railroad bridge to cross, and a few small rock gardens. I am not real concearned about wheeling personally as my own stock rig probably won't have front axle repairs before that weekend so I would be forced to have her drive one of the other rigs. I was much more interested in just getting together with those of us that have this obsession with these trucks for a little camping and fun for the weekend.