tonneau cover...What fits the MJ?

Here is the one I got and it works great.

I got it at Pep Boys for $199. fits a little off because the bed is not a perfect square in the corners. the rails splay out toward the tailgate. It still fits and unless you look for it you can't tell.

Downey has a lift type tonneau for $315 for either the LB or SB. They have two other models for the MJ also. This place seems to have the best prices.

http://www.tonneaucoversone.com/Downey_ ... _Cover.htm

I like the snap on. If I need to remove it while away from home to haul something, I can roll it and store in behind my seat. Can't do that with a solid one! :brows:

There is one on my truck that was there when I got it. The snaps for it are actually right into the bed sides, then the cover snaps to them. I would never have had holes punched in the bed to put the cover on if it had been me. 87comanche has a nice one that he scored on Ebay for real cheap and it looks and fits great.

There is one on my truck that was there when I got it. The snaps for it are actually right into the bed sides, then the cover snaps to them. I would never have had holes punched in the bed to put the cover on if it had been me. 87comanche has a nice one that he scored on Ebay for real cheap and it looks and fits great.

I would never punch holes in the side either. Mine has rails that clamp on top of the bed sides with inserts for front and back. The cover snaps to them. I have had mine for at least 6 years and it still snaps and fits great and looks good. I keep it conditioned with Duragloss 201 Vinyl and Leather Dressing. Use this on my interior also instead of ArmorAll.

So far I like this cover the best:

MJRearBumper2.jpg

MJRearBumper1.jpg

I don`t really like the look of the snaps on the sides, I also would prefer not to have the bow/covered wagon look.

I found that Truxedo will custom fit a cover for any truck so I am going to get a quote from them, here is the style I am looking at:

Tonneau.JPG

truxedo_tonneau_cover_lo_pro_velcro_width.jpg

If you have a vinyl or material cover of some sort, and no bows, while driving it will flap terribly and have a big depression in the middle of it from the wind going over the cab and into the bed. You still have it some with the bows, but not that bad. I am thinking someone at one time made a roll up or fold up hard cover one. Doubt if it would be available for a comanche, though.

Again, I like the vinyl one with bows and snaps for the flexibility of being able to take it off and store behind the seat if I need to haul something and I am not at home.