squeaky Grand Cherokee

jeepaholic

Alright guys..help me out..My wife has a 03 Grand Cherokee that has a squeek/squeel to it. She tries to show me but it won't do it. I replaced the belt even though i couldnt get it to squeek...Now she says it is still doing it..Both my boys(jeep fanatics) say it does it..I can't get it to prove it..what the hell could it be..give me some hints :bowdown: yeah i know its the noise the wife hears we never do, but help me out..please...Oh my wife just reminded me I did hear it before i replaced the belt...sprayed it with that belt conditioner crap and it didnt work...replaced the belt now she gets the sqeek but not when i am around.

I have thought that about my wife a couple times when she has complained about things (noises, feeling things etc...) on here Jeep. The strange thing is...evertime I chalked it up to her just hearing things that were nothing...it became something that cost me moeny & frustration that could have been avoided if I had only taken the time to listen to her and check it out thoroughly... :oops: :roll: ;) :yes:

I have a 2000 grand cherokee and it makes that random squeak in the winters at idle. Mine If I had to guess is an idler pulley, but it made the same noise last year and "knock on wood" it went away when it warmed up last summer, and now of course it is back. Tell your wife to keep an eye on the temp guage I guess if nothing else to make sure the belt doesnt snap without her knowing it.

Yes you would think so...........However when I was in college a friend of mine, a girl not that it would only happen that way, told me her car kept overheating...and eventually the battery wore down and it wouldnt start. But up until that point she had no idea, and she was pretty street smart, so that is why I threw that in. You just never really know what is going on in a car you don't drive everyday. So now I make it a point for my wife to know where the temp guage and other guages are and what they normaly should read.

I would look at thet idler pulley..

Back when I was entering HighSchool. My buddies parrents bought themselves a big present when "dad" made partner in the Law Firm. Two brand new matching Cheby Corvette Indy editions, gray fading to black, beautiful cars. 1978 I think. Anyhow, less than a month later, his moms crapped out completely... She couldn't understand...as she put it, "All the gages read full". :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Any of you not having sat in a 'vette, the dash of those older ones was like a airplaine.. gages for EVERYTHING!!!

CW