4.0 engine weight

Can anyone point me to the various weights of the 4.0 engine in our Comanche?

How about weights of the accessories like the a/c compressor etc.

Also wondering about the 2.5 4 cylinder engine weight.

Anyone running a Hesco alum. head?

Thanks,

Hehe........I was just thinking of this the other day........and I know we discussed this one other time.......and I'll say the 4.0 weights in at 650 pounds.........I'm not going to say if that's with all the accessory's or not, but I know it's not some light weight. I'm looking forward to pulling one this weekend if I get some time :roll:

can't help you much other then letting you know my trucks weight. The other day, I went to the dump to drop some tires off my truck weighed 3400 lbs with about 3/4 tank of fuel. It's a 89 Eliminator 2WD with a 4.0 and a 5 speed.

Were you in it?

3400lbs is ridiculously heavy and inaccurate if you are stock.

According to the M.R.278 book, the Curb Weight (base vehicle) is 3093 lbs.

And that would be a '86 lwb (of course) 2.5, 2wd manual (base Vehicle)

So, add on the 4.0, 4wd, 231, and the weight will climb up there.

Take into account what JT wrote, with the 4.0, and 3/4 tank of fuel..........if my algebra is correct..........JT's weight is approximately.........172.6 pounds.

So, add on the 4.0, 4wd, 231, and the weight will clime up there.

Take into account what JT wrote, with the 4.0, and 3/4 tank of fuel..........if my algebra is correct..........JT's weight is approximately.........172.6 pounds.

:eek: Pretty durn close B-Dub! Well that was before turkey day too... :rotfl2:

I'm not sure the dumps scales are 100% though. Maybe a truckers scale that is quarterly calibrated would be more accurate.

So, add on the 4.0, 4wd, 231, and the weight will clime up there.

Funny, on various forms all the info I've seen is a base Comanche 4 banger 2wd short bed weighed in about 2912lbs.

I figure you add about 100-150lbs for the 4.0 and auto.

Edit: JP magazine claimed a 2.8 v6, longbed w/ 4x4 weighed 3090lbs

I can't tell you the weights.. but I will tell you a complete 2.5 is a BIATCH to try and move around with out a engine lift :eek:

Also I can barely pick up a 4.0 long block, but if you remove the crank and rods.. I can curl the block :doh:

I might not be the smartest person.. but I can lift heavy objects :dunce:

I can't tell you the weights.. but I will tell you a complete 2.5 is a BIATCH to try and move around with out a engine lift :eek:

Also I can barely pick up a 4.0 long block, but if you remove the crank and rods.. I can curl the block :doh:

I might not be the smartest person.. but I can lift heavy objects :dunce:

no offense, but I am gonna assume that you mean a 2 hand curl. No way 1 handed is gonna happen. It weighs 175 or so easily, probably 200. I can bench close to 300, and I was not real happy to be moving that block when I had to pick it up and put it into the back of my suburban, then pick it up again to get it into the shop. I thought the crank was heavy, but the block was worse.

I have scrapped many a 4.0L Engine and the engine from valve cover to Oil Pan and NO accessories is only 300LBS give or take a pound and if you add on the accessories I would agree with the MAX 450LBS already stated...

My MJ with me and an Empty Box and a full tank or fuel weighs in at around 1700KG's

1700KG's = 3747LBS

I only weight 180LBS

Not sure what the Full Fuel tank will weigh and probably never will since my trucks always have a full tank of fuel...

My Truck gets weighed regularly since I am in the business of parting out Jeeps and Run the NON sellable part to the scrap yards on a regular basis...