horsePOWER!!!!!!!!

I'm going to put an HO head, intake, tb, header on mine. I plan on hitting up the dyno before and after just for kicks (you know why not, I can’t find where anyone else has)! I assume it should make a difference, but then again I'm ASSUMING. :dunno:

Parasitic loss is about 30%. Always. Don't blame the auto.

General rule of thumb, or specific to our setups?

How much would an auto add on to that roughly? I'm by no means a dyno expert so this is all good info to me :popcorn:

what do yo thimk a new (performance) cam would do to the stock motor

Not much running stock otherwise

Drivetrain HP loss on my basic stroker engine (at engine vs. rear wheel dyno readings) when I installed it about four years ago was 28%. Torque loss was 26%, about average for the AW4. Of course, I've surpassed the original at engine HP/Torque readings at the rear wheel now by about 25% with various mods. :D

i was wanting to instal a cam in my I6

i love the way "big cams" sound

la lump la lump la lump

would a cam give the I6 a sound like that?

well its a 4.0, they only sound so nice. but it might, and you wouldnt hit the powerband until like 4k maybe 5k. so youd be trying to crawl a log and you would be bakin the torque converter or making glass on the clutch.

Unless you go carbed, most cams are NOT ground to work for EFI and will screw around with the sensors. Put HO injectors into a Renix motor and you will get a NICE seat of the pants kick. The HO head is only about 15% of the power boost in the HO motor.

yeah a sbc also means new tranny, driveshaft, rear axle, wiring, guages, front axle, motor mounts better brakes ect.,ect.,ect....

it would be way cool but too much money

plus i like the idea of a 4.6 or 4.7 stroker better :brows:

Low end strokers seem to be around the 230-250hp range. But with all the money your saving from not doing a V8 swap you could put into your engine you would far exceed 300hp. :banana:

Sorry I always put the dancing banana! But hell whats not to love about a dancing banana???? :banana: :banana: DO IT!! :banana: :banana: