lifting a prerunner

i got a 2wd manche and I'm making a prerunner out of it and i was wondering what would be the cheapest way to lift it for desert racing i need one for a 2wd here's antidisestablishmentarianism fenders I'm getting

here the front

149333d50b91db7.3096528827.jpeg

and the back

149333d9566cfe5.5421033417.jpeg :wrench:

those pic are not pics of the truck there antidisestablishmentarianism I'm ordering and i guess really i want a lift for now as far as the racing its not of another 2 years in 2010 so i got plenty of time to get other stuff but wats the cheap route for a lift beside the crap rustys :ack:

That depends on what the rules state that you can use. I know JeepSpeed has specific rules governing what you can and can't use. To me if I was desert racing hydraulic bumps would have to be a must and at 200 a piece.. thats 800 right there.. NOT CHEAP. then you have bypass shocks at 3-400 a piece :nuts: Nothing cheap about it.

i no the bedsides arnt made for it they are for a ford ranger but box size is same and i am moding it to fit and far as lift goes i guess I'm asking wats a good affordable lift not cheap like superlift rubi exct. :typing:

i no the bedsides arnt made for it they are for a ford ranger but box size is same and i am moding it to fit and far as lift goes i guess I'm asking wats a good affordable lift not cheap like superlift rubi exct. :typing:

check out Hanneman MJ bedsides...there is no need to modify the wrong part to fit, when the right part is already made.

Well, to beat a dead horse.....(can't find the smilie for it!) It's not cheap at all.

But here ya go, you want to make a pre-runner that will do well but not be the most expensive way?

- Rubicon Express Drop brackets (don't know why you think they aren't good, I've been running them on my pre-runner for a couple years now and they haven't let me down, not to mention the countless Jeepspeed guys that have been running them for even longer with great results, like winning championships.........)

- The full RE 5.5" lift Drop bracket kit

- X-Rock Anti-Sway bar

- Bilstein 7100s or some other 2.0 shock with a reservoir

- Hydro Bumps

- Heavy Duty Steering

- Limit straps

- Deaver rear race springs

- Brakelines

- Longer rear shackle (choose your brand, I've been using the Skycrapper one, and it's been great. Grease fittings to lube them up and they are plenty strong)

- Beef up or replace rear differential (w/ chromoly shafts/detroit or spool/proper gear ratio)

- Beefed braking power (rear disc conversion/double brake booster, etc)

- Not to mention the extra Horsepower you'll need, the cage for racing (with engine and bed cage), the race seats and harnesses, the fuel cell, the custom fuel plumbing, and the countless other safety requirements you'll have to meet...

- And last but not least...the knowledge to set it up correctly

As said before - look at the Jeepspeed rigs. You'll be wasting your money if you cheap out, because when you actually go to race and brake down because you didn't think everything through and didn't set up the car right, you'll be "like totally bummed out dude".

Side note - The Ranger "box size" may be close, but to mod those things to get them on the truck would be a waste. There are Hanamann rear fenders (which I have installed on another truck and look really good.) But I understand that they don't follow the lines of the front fenders you want to put on, so just flare (or "pull) the rear bedsides of your current bed. I did that on my blue pre-runner and it worked out great. Would save you time, headache, and MONEY.

I don't want to scare you with all of this, but it's not cheap. Do it once and do it right. If you can't afford the at least decent stuff WAIT.

end soapbox.gif

I'm sure I forgot somethings in there as well. I have built and assisted the build on a large amount of Jeepspeed rigs, from "cheap" that keep braking, decent mild pre-runner rigs, and full blown race cars.

I guess the point is, don't take it so lightly. Jeeps are highly modify-able and you can go in steps to get where you want without cheaping out.

I left this post and went back to work and couldn't help but feel like I yelled at my little brother for being naive.

I'll end with this - I would be happy to help you get where you want to go, but you have to realize that it will take time and money. Be smart about what you buy and how you build it, and in the long run, you'll save money.

Just let me know if you want some help.