spare tire on the hood?

well not here in AZ you just need to pass emmisions and you good to do watever i used to rive my buddys chevy nova derby car with no doors and police siren on top and the havent done nothing there cool out here :chillin:

If I'm gonna ride around with a spare tire on my hood, it'll be in a kick @$$ old Land Rover! jamminz.gif

I hope that your version "old" of Land Rovers is better than that of the current Land Rovers. I own two Freelanders and if you do not reside in the U.K., then Land Rover's continuous search to evade the honor of their warrantees becomes the next wrath that you will have to confront. :fs1:

Land Rover SUCKS and I will never/ever purchase another! Land Rover of Chantilly, VA taught me that lesson...

V/R

Paul

If I'm gonna ride around with a spare tire on my hood, it'll be in a kick @$$ old Land Rover! jamminz.gif

I hope that your version "old" of Land Rovers is better than that of the current Land Rovers. I own two Freelanders and if you do not reside in the U.K., then Land Rover's continuous search to evade the honor of their warrantees becomes the next wrath that you will have to confront. :fs1:

Land Rover SUCKS and I will never/ever purchase another! Land Rover of Chantilly, VA taught me that lesson...

V/R

Paul

And Land Rover of Greenville taught me THAT EXACT same lesson :cheers:

Old Land Rovers supposedly aren't that reliable. I used to know a guy that had one. He was always complaining that every time he took it off road for a day he would spend 2 weeks fixing it afterwards.

I kept asking him why he kept taking his Land Rover off road instead of hit FJ40.

Coming from the UK the comments about Land Rover made me LOL :yes: So true! Expensive, slow and unreliable :nuts: But here's a statistic for you: Of all the 'series' type L/R's (old style originals made since the 50's) ever made, it's reckoned 75% are still on the road because you can just keep field repairing and welding them for ever and parts are still available.

I can't even get a simple 'idle speed kick actuator' for my Comanche!

Quote from Wikipedia, note the comments about jeeps ;)

The first Land Rover was designed in 1948 in the United Kingdom (on the island of Anglesey in Wales) by Maurice Wilks, chief designer at the British car company Rover on his farm in Newborough, Anglesey[13]. It is said that he was inspired by an American World War II Jeep that he used one summer at his holiday home in Wales. The first Land Rover prototype 'centre steer' was built on a Jeep chassis. A distinctive feature is their bodies, constructed of a lightweight rustproof proprietary alloy of aluminium and magnesium called Birmabright. This material was used owing to post war steel shortages and a plentiful supply of post-war aircraft aluminium. This metal's resistance to corrosion was one of the factors that allowed the vehicle to build up a reputation for longevity in the toughest conditions. It is reckoned that 75% of all those ever built are still in use. In fact, Land Rover drivers[14] sometimes refer to other makes of 4x4 as "disposables". The early choice of colour was dictated by military surplus supplies of aircraft cockpit paint, so early vehicles only came in various shades of light green; all models until recently feature sturdy box section ladder-frame chassis.

I prefer my Comanche though! :thumbsup: