Door seals

Seems like i remember someone saying that the 97-98 XJ door seals will work on our MJ's and are thicker. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Yes, the front door seals from a 97 and newer XJ will fit and they are thicker. I'm among several people around here who are using them. Someone posted a pic of them side by side so you could see the difference, can't find it right now tho.

Was also thinking of using the 97+ as well. Those of you that have, did you notice any problems with door alignment or harder closing? If so did you make any ajustments? I don't want to put undo binding or pressure on the know weak hinge design.

:cheers:

my doors definitely need to be closed harder, not a full slam tho. No alignment issues and that includes a period of time where i didn't have a door check. When i first bought my truck, it was nearly impossible to hold a conversation at highway speeds. Replacing the door seals helped nearly as much as swapping stationary vent windows for the movable windows.

I too have 97+ door seals I robbed from a wrecked one at the JY and I have the same comments as everyone. Doors close harder than before but not abnormally hard. Its like my truck is a much newer and the door seals actually work kinda hard. You will not regret the upgrade. Especially since most junkyards don't consider weatherstriping a valuable part. :cheers: