Sirius Antenna

Best way to do it is if you have a cargo light, run it out of that. the other way I usualy do it it put it on the front of the roof in the center, run the wire under the weather striping (hopefully you can, i havent looked at the striping to see if it will fit) then run it down the side of the windshield under the striping, then jump the gap between the fender and the door jam, pulling the door weather striping and putting it behind it, then repalce the weather striping CAREFULLY so not to crease or damage the antenna. then it should be in the cab.

Jonathan

I ran my XM antenna wire out through the radio antenna plug hole.

First, I found the location that I wanted to mount the XM antenna. I gave it some extra wire so when I wash or wax the MJ, I could remove it off and let it hang onto the glass.

Image Not Found

Second, I carefully with a screwdriver moved the windshield trim away from the body and slid the wire down into the crack. I continue to do this all the way around on the passenger side of the MJ down to the fender. The fender has a gap where the fender meets the hood. There is a hole in that corner is where I fished the XM antenna wire plug through and down to the radio antenna wire plug.

Then I popped out the radio antenna wire out of the firewall and cut the plug with a knife and ran a slit to the middle of the plug to the antenna wire then threaded the wire for the XM into the slit so I wouldn't bend or break the XM wire. Also I thought if it leaked I could use silacone to seal the slit.

Then finished by hooking the wire to the radio.

Ok this is not a sirius antenna, but it's the antenna for my GPS on my XJ. I ran the wire threw a hole in the firewall, than ran the wire along the main wire loom and out to the location. It's got a magnetic base, thus why it's on the hood and not on the plastic wiper panel. Either location would work though.

I do get a lot of questions "what's that round thing on your hood for?" though...

100_1177.jpg

100_1176.jpg

100_1175.jpg

Thanks guys, some great ideas. Right now I have it going out the slider and because of this the slider won't lock. Where I park at work I can't leave the slider unlocked so I am constantly having to bring the antenna in to close the window. This causes constant closing of the window on thw wire which is starting to rip the coating apart. I will be changing it this weekend.

Ok this is not a sirius antenna, but it's the antenna for my GPS on my XJ. I ran the wire threw a hole in the firewall, than ran the wire along the main wire loom and out to the location. It's got a magnetic base, thus why it's on the hood and not on the plastic wiper panel. Either location would work though.

I do get a lot of questions "what's that round thing on your hood for?" though...

100_1177.jpg

100_1176.jpg

100_1175.jpg

1988 called, they want their GPS back.