Mass. eases marijuana laws

maddzz1

They just voted to change the law in Mass. Anyone caught with 1oz or less will have to give up the weed and have to pay a $100 fine. Unfortunately, having to pay the fine will make it a little harder to replace the weed that the cops took. I hope more states step up and pass similar laws.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just voted to change the law in Mass. Anyone caught with 1oz or less will have to give up the weed and have to pay a $100 fine. Unfortunately, having to pay the fine will make it a little harder to replace the weed that the cops took. I hope more states step up and pass similar laws.

Yep me too, I'm hoping they take it one step further and criminalize tobacco, that stuff is gross!

i'm pretty sure they just let up a little on the law not enforced it more ;) so i doubt they'd go and do that

i don't smoke but it's retarded to put people in jail for petty possession charges

Yep me too, I'm hoping they take it one step further and criminalize tobacco, that stuff is gross!

i'm pretty sure they just let up a little on the law not enforced it more ;) so i doubt they'd go and do that

i don't smoke but it's retarded to put people in jail for petty possession charges

I smoke maybe a few times a year. But agree that it is foolish to put people in jail for a possession charge. They should just legalize it and be done with it. If the govenment legalized it and put a tax on it they could probally fix the deficit.

I smoke maybe a few times a year. But agree that it is foolish to put people in jail for a possession charge. They should just legalize it and be done with it. If the govenment legalized it and put a tax on it they could probally fix the deficit.

Agreed.

Agreed.

if it gets taxed the price will go up like 50% they said.. ive had a poss. charge before. and i barely ever smoke

I one time went through and did an analysis based on the amount of suspected Marihuana traffic there is, then applied the same taxes enforced on tobacco, and the amount of revenue was staggering.

Then coupled with the decrease in governmental costs related to prosecution and incarceration of those persons and it seemed like a no brainer to me.

Agreed.

Agreed.

if it gets taxed the price will go up like 50% they said.. ive had a poss. charge before. and i barely ever smoke

I one time went through and did an analysis based on the amount of suspected Marihuana traffic there is, then applied the same taxes enforced on tobacco, and the amount of revenue was staggering.

Then coupled with the decrease in governmental costs related to prosecution and incarceration of those persons and it seemed like a no brainer to me.

Jim I'm glad someone finally brought this topic up. I just finished a very interesting book on the subject by Eric Schlosser called "Reefer Madness". He writes about a lot of the legal issues with marijuana.

I'll keep my personal opinions to myself, but in the book Eric states a lot of interesting facts.

Here's two.

Contrary to popular belief, a large percentage of pot consumed by Americans is actually grown in the mid west, not in a foreign country. (Now we really know what you're doing up there Lead :yes: )

Second thing I found interesting is that the typical punishment for an adult that commits murder in the USA is 11 years and 4 months in prison. Yet there are hundreds of people who are first time offenders serving life sentences in federal prisons for possesion and trafficking weed.

Anyone interested in the subject I would highly reccomend you read this book. It's definately eye opening on how the American criminal justice system works.

Jim I'm glad someone finally brought this topic up. I just finished a very interesting book on the subject by Eric Schlosser called "Reefer Madness". He writes about a lot of the legal issues with marijuana.

I'll keep my personal opinions to myself, but in the book Eric states a lot of interesting facts.

Here's two.

Contrary to popular belief, a large percentage of pot consumed by Americans is actually grown in the mid west, not in a foreign country. (Now we really know what you're doing up there Lead :yes: )

Second thing I found interesting is that the typical punishment for an adult that commits murder in the USA is 11 years and 4 months in prison. Yet there are hundreds of people who are first time offenders serving life sentences in federal prisons for possesion and trafficking weed.

Anyone interested in the subject I would highly reccomend you read this book. It's definately eye opening on how the American criminal justice system works.

Here's two.

Now I know where you've been.......... Reading........ reaching for a higher edumycation there buddy??? I think hemp should be used not for getting high but the other major advantages it has in industrial uses..

EDIT: "HIGHER"

Here's two.

Now I know where you've been.......... Reading........ reaching for a higher edumycation there buddy??? I think hemp should be used not for getting high but the other major advantages it has in industrial uses..

Here's two.

This book goes into that too. If I remember correctly though Hemp is the form of the plant that carries very little THC but don't quote me on that. I sped read the book and have to go back and actually absorb and analyze the info written. Sir Sam is right on the money part. Although I don't think it would wipe out the whole deficit, there are a couple options the government has to seriously reduce that debt.

Here's two.

This book goes into that too. If I remember correctly though Hemp is the form of the plant that carries very little THC but don't quote me on that. I sped read the book and have to go back and actually absorb and analyze the info written. Sir Sam is right on the money part. Although I don't think it would wipe out the whole deficit, there are a couple options the government has to seriously reduce that debt.

i have a cousin that was cought with 50 extacy pills.. they gave him 10 years..

Yeah Dave, but here's the deal. X is a manmade drug extermely capable of causing a huge amount of damage to a human.

At the moment we're discussing a plant that has about the same effect on you as drinking half a bottle of rum or BLHTAZ's case of Bud Light Lime.

i have a cousin that was cought with 50 extacy pills.. they gave him 10 years..

Yeah Dave, but here's the deal. X is a manmade drug extermely capable of causing a huge amount of damage to a human.

At the moment we're discussing a plant that has about the same effect on you as drinking half a bottle of rum or BLHTAZ's case of Bud Light Lime.