Add to the list of "Now I've seen it all..."

WahooSteeler

Yep, just goes to show what you can screw up with lots of money. Those things had serious low in torque to pull aircraft which it used a flat bar to do it with. Now he has a whole lot of worthless custom tow rig setup that won't tow crap. :nuts:

not to mention it had a great little diesel in it...someone needs to save that thing, rip off the junk, and swap in 4wd.

Exactly. Rare enought to find a CJ10, and being a diesel is part of what made it cool/collectable IMO. I hope he likes what he's got because I think that will be a hard sell. Expanding on the idea, if he just added the fake tow rig setup (useless but kinda cool), kept the olive drab paint, the diesel, the olive or black wheels with thick hwy rib tires it would have been pretty cool.

It might not be to your liking, but the guy did some good work on it, and made it his. If I knew what the reserve was, and had the extra cash.. I would consider buying it, and swapping in a d60 up front and wheel it.

There was a Tug at the annual run, and it had rock jock 60's front and rear along with a klune v.. talk about a sick rig. The guy could get out and spot himself on the trail

I was going to say here's another fool who had an idea/desire to build his rig, which is fine, if he was keeping it, but for some reason there are a half a dozen people bidding on it. I hope he is prepared not to get his investment out. The non-working apparatus on back takes the cake. How much more effort would be needed to have built a working one. At least there be some function there. Looks like great workmanship now he should work on ideamanship if he wants to do another one.