an invitation to all

Belto

hey guy, as some of you know, I own a 95xj.. and thanx to this site and a few other Ive got the knowledge to work on it and make go..

I just want to invite you all to a friends site aslo that can complemente he info here and the comancheclub ,

go visit and check it out.. www.cherokeetalk.com.. if you decide to join remember who invited you, :) Belto

I hope this is not against any rules.. I just want everyone to enjoy that one as much as I enjoy this one, and well see more comanches on xj forums were are brothers from an other mother..:)

if it is well just block it and I apologize

Belto

lot of these sites seem the same to me. What are people making money off these site or something?

Damn resident a$$holes :Canadaflag:

:teehee:

Yes! people do make money off these sites. But I can assure you that Pete does not. Unless people are donating ridiculous amounts of money for hats and magnets. Pete does this out of his own pocket.

It depends on traffic and those willing to click on advertisements, OR some sites run free until they have a ton of information available on their site, then all the sudden they start charging for member accounts, and enable the search feature for "paying" members, it doesnt have to be the search feature, it can be anything. I am sure you know of a site that operates this way... naxja.....

Jeepforum put their member price up too. And it's a crappy forum.

I dunno if this forum will turn out to be a good one. Comancheclub is a really good one because we all have a lot in common - comanches. With the cherokee (and having ZJ/WJ/etc derivatives) I don't think there's as much of a 'brotherhood'. I'll give it a try, if it's meh I'll move on. I can only handle so much of driving through puddles and 'I just finished my 2" BB and 30s!'.

BTW, I'm 2drx4 on there.

the admin is a great guy, he used to admin a few other sites,, but he started this new one. he does not charge for membership, and well right now there there are no supporting memberships but as the site grows that will be an option.. but no more than 10 bucks I belive and you get some free site stickers.. at least it was like that on his others sites

You get free business Cards here along with Stickers or coozies with donation ( thanks pete been keepin my beer cool For Months). plus this site is my homepage :)

I got the sticker on my rear bumper...my mag on the fridge....and the cards in the glove box of the manche :D ....AND its my homepage too 8) . I'm bout to send in for the winshield decal to go with my comanche symbol for the top..."Easy To Be A Truck....Hard To Be A Jeep" :D

• 1 month later...
It depends on traffic and those willing to click on advertisements, OR some sites run free until they have a ton of information available on their site, then all the sudden they start charging for member accounts, and enable the search feature for "paying" members, it doesnt have to be the search feature, it can be anything. I am sure you know of a site that operates this way... naxja.....

As a few of you already know, while I am a life/charter member of NAXJA, I have had my differences with them and I much prefer to hang around on this site. However, I feel I have to respond to this comment.

NAXJA was never EVER conceived of as or intended to be a totally freebie web site. NAXJA from its very inception was a "club," with dues and "memberships." And membership expired if you didn't pay your dues.

The web site and forum were not the sum total of NAXJA, they were only an adjunct. I was on the board of directors at a time when there was considerable discussion over whether everything on the site should be equally available to everyone. The opinions were far from unanimous, but the consensus was that it was not at all fair for a relatively small percentage of the people using the site to carry the entire cost of operating the site. That was when someone came up with the idea of putting some of the more in-depth technical stuff in a members-only area. I don't remember if the board vote on that was unanimous, but the proposal passed and was implemented.

I think that's what you're complaining about. IMHO, the complaint is invalid. Sure, it's nice to have FREE access to the most extensive technical information available, but somebody has to pay for hosting and administering the site. I don't know how they do it now, but when I was on the board NAXJA not only paid a hosting fee, they also paid someone to do the administration. On this site, Pete pays the hosting fee and Pete handles the admin work out of the kindness of his heart. That's great, and I hope it doesn't change ... but we have no right to expect that someone will always make this great site available to us for free.

NAXJA's decision to limit access to some of the technical archives to dues-paying members only was not undertaken to make a "profit." NAXJA is a non-profit organization, and unless things have changed since I was on the board nobody draws a salary (except maybe the web admin). The decision was a conscientious attempt to balance access against cost, and to find a balance that was fair to both the dues-paying members and to the hangers-on.

well guys forget about NAXJA you can get great info and a great environment, to complement the info and the guys here,, pass by and take a look if you like it,, join us,, same as many of us has join here..:D

also guys, we just added our MJ section, for all you comanche needs.. really is a great enviroment, great guys, family forum, where no question is a stupid question... come by, and enjoy,, we have some nice info and some great build projects.. same as here,, I really like this sites DIY section, is the most complete ive seen :thumbsup: :thumbsup: