Comanche # 2

JpComancheKid

I bought another comanche yesterday this one is a 91 eliminator which means it has the 4.0L HO engine. It came with almost every option,including Air conditioning. I was looking at the window sticker which came with it and it cost 14,711 dollars brand new that was one expensive truck. here's something you guys might like it has a Dana 44 rear axle :brows: . All that for 975 dollars isn't bad.

sorry about the water dots on the cam.

Looks clean and original. Nice find! :cheers:

Rims are a bit on the gaudy side though...

Screw the rims - that was a great find! Got to be the original paint too, doubt if anyone went to the trouble to repaint and put the Eliminator decals back on. D44 too! That means the towing package option, MT springs, etc. Don't know about the body rot, but it looks damn good for MN. Congrats! Post some better pics including the interior if you can later.

The tow prep package and the Big ton package were separate items. His being a short bed, it won't have the Metric Ton package.

Not fot the 91+. I just looked at a 91 today short bed w. a beat up body that had the D44 and MT springs and was 2WD. Don't know about the rest of the MT options. Anything was available special order in 91-92 when the MJ was dying, perhaps as dealer installed options.

The tow prep package and the Big ton package were separate items. His being a short bed, it won't have the Metric Ton package.

Not fot the 91+. I just looked at a 91 today short bed w. a beat up body that had the D44 and MT springs and was 2WD. Don't know about the rest of the MT options. Anything was available special order in 91-92 when the MJ was dying, perhaps as dealer installed options.

How many extra packs are in the MT springs?

ok. here's proof Wade. guess the truck you got your axles out of did have factory dana 44...

my guess, the comanche dana 44's were overstock and needed to be used up by the end of the production run on comanches, which was inevitable by 1991 due to low sales.

betting it's not a dealer install option...

nice, nice truck btw :D :popcorn: :cheers:

I've seen that one on craigslist or ebay, anyway nice find.

Now get to work on that rust peeking through on the rockers and above the rear flares. :D

And is that duct tape on the windshield or was that an option?

J/K

Should be a nice project for ya.

:cheers: