H4s, or other headlight upgrades.

I'll admit I know nothing. Well, close to it. I never cared enough to learn about lights.

But I know stock jeep lights suck.

Anyways, I read a review on these http://www.rocky-road.com/xjipfH4.html

They seemed pretty positive. $120ish is cheap.

I'd just go with the housings and the 55/60W bulbs. Nothing crazy. I think.

But thoughts, opinons, etc?

My biggest issue with the stock Jeep headlights is the insane length of wire that the electricity has to travel around the engine bay. Wire length and corrosion are the enemy. If I drove my trucks with any sort of regularity, I'd wire the headlights to use the factory switch to power a new relay that brings the electrons directly from the battery (with a fuse of course). I know it'd make a world of difference in my trucks.

Cool. I'll probably order them unless anybody else has a better idea.

And Pete, my headlight wiring is messed up. Somebody added daytime running lights without using any factory parts or an aftermarket module (I'm still not entirely sure how they did that, I didn't unravel it all) and as a result I think I'll have to pull a few wires before things are peachy anyways.

I had H4 housing in my silver freedom with some 85W/105W bulbs from JC whitney. They put out alot of bright light and were tons better than stock, but the dispersion pattern was a little wierd.

I now have silverstar sealed beams, not as much light output but in much better places, overall I would say they are better than the H4s I had.

And a headlight harness should make a huge difference too.

Most of the problems I've seen with the H4 set ups is lack of refinement in the reflector causing poor light pattern. I definitly need to do something as well. Of course since the 'manche isn't a DD I never think about it until it is dark while I'm driving it and realize I can't see $#!&.

just put Sylvania Performance sealed beam headlights in my truck...they're $20 each, and come out with white light rather than yellow-ish. stock wiring, and still a WORLD of improvement
I did the same thing and have been very happy with them jamminz.gif

Most of the problems I've seen with the H4 set ups is lack of refinement in the reflector causing poor light pattern. I definitly need to do something as well. Of course since the 'manche isn't a DD I never think about it until it is dark while I'm driving it and realize I can't see $#!&.

I have another set on the TJ and those are like your refering to. the light is great, its like a flood, but seems to go everywhere. In the rain its like you don't have any lights.

CW

I highly recommend installing an upgraded wiring harness for the more power hungry H4s. I used this one from APC; has the relays built in and the wiring fits the MJ perfectly, and easy to install. Your new headlamps will burn brighter and your stock headlight switch and wiring will not. :eek:

http://tinyurl.com/5puqoj