FedEx Horror Stories (Or UPS, Or DHL...)

jage

Hey everyone, my 'manche clutch kit is tied up in Fed Ex for the seventh day in a row and my truck is in pieces and I really can't move forward on the project.

I've heard every excuse from they got my phone number wrong to them insisting my neighborhood is new (house built in 1974!) - plus I've had deliveries here before and I've seen the FedEx truck in the court more than once while waiting for my package.

So, while I wait for them to find their butt, why don't y'all entertain me with some "Shipping Horror Stories"...

I recently had to UPS an MJ rear bumper to TX to another member on here, who incidentally already had one UPS'd to him from OH, so we both had a general idea on how much shipping was gonna be.

Well.....I took it to the store one Saturday, and let's just say "when the cats are away, the mice will play" The store was manned by two pimply-faced kids who were more interested in eating the pizza they just got than helping any customers who walked in. Didn't know how to weigh it, couldn't get the computer to work, wouldn't offer any insurance on it in case it got "damaged" in transit because it wasn't in a box. They finally came up with a price....$75 or so (which we knew wasn't correct, it should have been more like $30). They offered to box it up with official UPS box material :roll: for only $104 more. Yeah, right......

I took it away, found a big long box at work and packaged it, took it back the next day when the MANAGER was there, and got it gone for a total cost of $34.

Sunzabishes.....

Jeff

Try living ina rural community, and working during the day. UPs/Fedex/DHL won't drop ship anything cause of where I live. So unless someone is home they won't leave the package.

To make it worse... before I fenced the back yard in, the UPS man would leave packages in the garage, but when it came time to return soemthng, he wouldn't pick it up off of the back steps even though it was properly boxed up, and had shipping labels on it

I once bought a set of RE 5.5" XJ coil springs from a guy down in TX. He shipped them out via Fed Ex. Somehow, the geniuses at the FedEx hub in Houston lost my shipment. The seller was really cool and refunded me the amount that he had insured the package for (which was like $20 less than what I paid, never understood that) so I wasn't completely out.

Seriously, how do you lose a big set of f*****g coil springs, anyways?

Well after daily calls to FedEx and several excuses (it's on the truck, we didn't have your phone number, someone will call you, blah blah blah) they are now prepared to admit that it probably won't be found.

So I'm getting an Autozone credit for $148 buying it locally tomorrow for $174 and not even a "we're sorry" for screwing me out of a week of working on my comanche.

If they'd just admitted it was lost before I'd at least have saved 2 days and the weekend, not to mention today. But no, every day they started a new investigation and none were ever conclusive (apparently).

Thanks for the stories! Keep 'em coming, I'm sure this isn't the end of shipping woes!

u could be like me i paid for a set of coils and thay were soposed to be sent to me havn't heard from the guy in two weeks won't return pm from me and won't aswer the phone i don't know if he didn't send them or if thay are just delayed in the mail

OMG! Fed-Ex called me this very morning asking directions to my mountain lair! I gave them directions and left for work.

This evening, I returned home from work and my MJ rear sliding-glass replacement window had still not been delivered! :headpop: It had BETTER be here tomorrow! :headpop:

RaaaR!!! :wall:

well its tech not my story but i have to fix the mistakes of the company. But a friend of mine ordered a spoiler for her car, fiberglass at that. the company shiped it like she requiested 2 day. Problem is fedex was supposed to box it and ship it for her. well it arived on her door step with no box they put the sticker on the spoiler and said the hell with it. so now i have to fix a $#!& load of dings, small holes, and scratchs on a fiberglass spoiler! and i haven't messed around with fiberglass before since i own jeeps and don't see much of that at school or at my old job.

I once ordered a large section of 1o" wide duct tubing for where I was working at the time. A few days went by and it never arrived. The company overnighted me another and life went on. Then, about a month later I got a shipment. What do you know, it was my original duct! Looked like it had been run over and then dragged behind the truck and was stamped that it had gone to Alaska at one point in time. :D