88 Sport Truck aka Ole Rusty

So here's what I started with an 88 sport truck with 265,000 miles for $400

it has 4.0 5spd. not sure what mod.# Dana 44 rear ratio unkown at this time and that about all.

I first peeled off all the sport truck decals and sanded the paint well past the OE primer in some areas.I then hit it with some rustoleum gray primer witj intension of leaving it that color but wasnt happy with it so I opted for some ultra flat olive camo paint from krylon,and then sprayed all the bumpers and trim...ect. in the same krylon ultra flat black,and it finally started to take shape

Then it was time to adress the factory feet and swap them out for some Cragar soft 8's wrapped in 29 10.50 TSL/SX's all from Summit Racing.

I wasnt pleased with chrome center caps but that was all that was availible

so in the near future I will remove them and glass bead the chrome off at

work at spray some black on them.

So the next problem was the flares rubbing the 29's up front so with this being a DD/mild trail truck I picked up some daystar 1 3/4 coil spacers and leveled the MJ out just right

It was then time to adress the interior so I made a new shift knob from some scrap aluminun at work installed a GT wheel from the JY in good shape for 5 bux,then I had to repair the set for temporay and cut out the bad section of vynal a foam and replaced it with some padding I had laying around the shop and cut fit with my better half sewing up a black

seat cover to clean up the inside that about where I'm at for the moment more pics coming soon.

The day after I drove it home

[/img]Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

[/img]Image Not Found

Image Not Found

[/img]Image Not Found

Image Not Found

[/img]Image Not Found

[/img]Image Not Found

Image Not Found[/img]

Sorry for the big pics!

:cheers: Looks good. Keep the updates coming as you progress.

As for the pic size...since you are using Photobucket, you can resize them right from your album. Just click edit and it will be very easy to do. You can also select the size you want them to be at the time you upload them to your album so they are automatically resized as uploaded ;) . 800 pixels wide or smaller is typically the desired size for forums.

Well I got the mechanical gauges installed today not the most creative

mounting location but there fuctional and visible

Also took some after pics wtih the 1 3/4 coil spacers

Image Not Found

Then a veiw from the side.

[/img]Image Not Found

Then before the spacers

Image Not Found

Then a couple after the spacers

[/img]Image Not Found

Image Not Found[/img]

The only real problem I had was the sport truck decals on the sides but I bought a $20 B&D sander from walmart and the automotive grade 80 grit and took it all the way down to the steel but the bumpers and windshield trim I took to work and glass beaded them which made it super easy

I'm planning to repaint the though I wasnt satisfied with the out come,but

I didnt remove it from the truck either so it to will get blasted.I'm thinking of installing hood vents so I might wait until I decide on that.

good looking truck, almost regretting that I painted mine flat black instead of some other color... ;)

I'm hoping you keep this truck on the road and not decide to make it just another offroad machine... :roll:

well finally got to drive it more than 10 miles today and the remains leaking like a bull peeing on a flat rock :mad: so I guess the trans/axle swap will happen sooner than I planned. Just going to have to get a big fan plenty of mosquito sprat and lots of beer ,will update pics with progress.

well finally got to drive it more than 10 miles today and the remains leaking like a bull peeing on a flat rock :mad: so I guess the trans/axle swap will happen sooner than I planned. Just going to have to get a big fan plenty of mosquito sprat and lots of beer ,will update pics with progress.

Give me a holler if you need some wrench help

• 3 weeks later...

Well for an update.......The RMS finally started pouring enough to make the clutch slip and,for some reason when driving at 65 mph the temp jumps up to 235* but while sitting in traffic it will drop back to 185* I'm really not sure whats causing that but some feed back on it would be helpful.

I also starting building front and rear bumpers will be posting some pics of that as soon as they start getting tacked together.

Thanks in advance for any help that is supplied. TJ