I like mud!!! Share your mud photo!!

jeep_freek88

There's no wilderness in my town either. I gotta drive. :(

that aint true lol they may not be legal tho lol :brows:

True dat. That place out on brest rd was pretty sweet. Too bad they closed it off.

There's no wilderness in my town either. I gotta drive. :(

that aint true lol they may not be legal tho lol :brows:

True dat. That place out on brest rd was pretty sweet. Too bad they closed it off.

there were some mud pits on breast road that could swallow your truck! i liked the dirt bike track that was sweet

I don't go out of my way to go thru the mud but out of curiosity I have a question. From the photos it looks like you will go thru anything, but how to you establish where you shouldn't go? I'm sure everyone has heard stories of construction sites where they lost equipment in the mud. (sink holes) Has anybody lost their truck because they ventured a bit off the trail? I understand the thrill of the challenged and getting stuck and overcoming it is the whole point, but is it possible to sink so deep there is no pullling out? Is it mud or is it a swamp? I would think swamp buggies could be worse because you can venture farther from solid ground.

Rule #1: Only wheel where you are explicitly allowed to wheel.

Rule #2: Never wheel alone.

Rule #3: Use your head and look before you leap.

It's easier than you think to get yourself helplessly mired if you don't follow #3. If you go farther than your longest strap and someone needs to venture in to help, there's a chance you can both get stuck. Sanctioned muddin' events are the best. There always seems to be one of these around (I'm referring to the dozer, not the Bronco, but either one will do :D ):

Good rules Pete. Flat lands near a creek are typically thick deposits of sediment and can be very soft. Had my tractor stuck a couple of times. I'm careful not to get too close to the edge of the creek or spinning wheels suck it down the slope. The long walk back to the house to get whatever to get unstuck takes some of the fun out of it.

Great pics!! Its to dark for me to take pictures now, but my jeep is outside pretty much covered in mud from a little trail I built through my woods. The trail swallowed an S-10, by my Comanche and a friends Cherokee had no problem. Funny how that happens!!! Ill post pics soon if I don't hose it off 1st. I know theres some new scratches under there :headpop:

At camp jeep 2007

Hunting country? Even your mud comes in "safety orange".

Thats, that south of the mason red clay there son..... Turns everything in its path a light reddish brown... Just ask my mom. when I was a kid I used to get beat down for not taking my boots off at the door!!!

EDIT

Rule #1: Only wheel where you are explicitly allowed to wheel.

Rule #2: Never wheel alone. OR WITH SOME ONE WHO HAS WORKIN 4X4

Rule #3: Use your head and look before you leap.

It's easier than you think to get yourself helplessly mired if you don't follow #3. If you go farther than your longest strap and someone needs to venture in to help, there's a chance you can both get stuck. Sanctioned muddin' events are the best. There always seems to be one of these around (I'm referring to the dozer, not the Bronco, but either one will do :D ):

]

don't know if anyone has been to albuquerque new mexico. but man i wish i had my jeep back when i lived there. there was this place called 9 mile hill...this little piece of heaven was right outside of city limits. had awsome dunes to climb, cool back trails to go threw. it was a place where people went to shoot their guns, climb hills in their vehicles, and cheat on their spouse. ive only done there first 2 btw :brows:

don't know if anyone has been to albuquerque new mexico. but man i wish i had my jeep back when i lived there. there was this place called 9 mile hill...this little piece of heaven was right outside of city limits. had awsome dunes to climb, cool back trails to go threw. it was a place where people went to shoot their guns, climb hills in their vehicles, and cheat on their spouse. ive only done there first 2 btw :brows:

Mud pictures from NM?