Fantasy Football

maddzz1

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been one of the more frustrating FFL seasons I've had in a long time. Cutler decides to tank against the Raiders, my best back is a wuss and can't play with a hurt thigh, Reggie Wayne is hobbled, and my division leader still has Carson Palmer as his QB and still beats me!! :wall:

Too bad it wasn't a $$$ League... We need to get a trophy for next year maybe... It would look nice at my place...

Yeah, that would be cool. A little cheapo one with a truck on top. Wouldn't cost more than $5 to ship it to the winner every year. Previous champ has to pay to send it to new champ.

Too bad it wasn't a $$$ League... We need to get a trophy for next year maybe... It would look nice at my place...

Yeah, that would be cool. A little cheapo one with a truck on top. Wouldn't cost more than $5 to ship it to the winner every year. Previous champ has to pay to send it to new champ.

That would be cheap, since I plan on it living at my house permanently... jamminz.gif

That would be cheap, since I plan on it living at my house permanently... jamminz.gif

LOL, I was going to make that comment for you but left it out so you would have the pleasure of saying so yourself. :shake:

• 3 weeks later...
I believe thats 2X you beat me this year Wade. But if you look thru the history of the NFL it is very rare that any team beats another 3X in the same year. So this just puts the odds in my favor if we meet in the playoffs. ;)

Guess we get to find out this week...

Ok, I should have paid more attention to the rules at the beginning of the season. First of all, only 4 teams going to the playoffs in a 12 team league is beat, IMO. I've always liked the following layout: playoffs begin in week 14. best record of regular season gets a bye, and the next6 best records get in. that way more people get in on the fun. also, a lot of leagues i've played in then have a "Toilet Bowl". Worst record goes straight to the Toilet Bowl, next 4 bottom feeders fight it out to get to there.

Also, I looked at the rules, for the first time, and I don't know if the tie breaker criteria is what was in place on nfl.com when we opened the league, or if Jim changed them. It says first tie breaker is winning %. Uhhhh, if you're tied, you'll have the same winning %. Next is total points. That should be third or fourth tiebreaker IMO. First tie breaker is always head to head, second is usually divisional record, and then it's usually points. I know this was just for fun and all, so that's why I'm just making some suggestions for next year so more people get to "keep the dream alive"!

And just in the spirit of some end of the season smack talk, if it was based on the "normal" tie breaker criteria, Meat Curtains would be in and Maddzz would be out. I'm just saying................. :popcorn:

Wahoo, I did not change the rules. If i had, the first rule would have been that wahoo is not eligible for the playoffs even if he comes in first. :wavey: When I looked at the records last week I actually expected to not make the playoffs, I wasnt aware of how it was judged.

Now to #2. Yes, it appears that you have fallen into my trap.

Wahoo, I did not change the rules. If i had, the first rule would have been that wahoo is not eligible for the playoffs even if he comes in first. :wavey: When I looked at the records last week I actually expected to not make the playoffs, I wasnt aware of how it was judged.

:rotfl2: :nanner:

Sorry Maddz1, Thrice Whooped...

Looks like #2 and Rocket Dogs for all the Marbles...

Yes, it appears my trap has failed me. Good luck #2. Ill be routing for you. You definately have the strongest team. :bowdown:

Yes, it appears my trap has failed me. Good luck #2. Ill be routing for you. You definately have the strongest team. :bowdown:

Thanks... I'm in the Champ Game in two of my leagues (one that I can win some $$$) and in the Last Place game in my third league...weird how that works out...

Thanks... I'm in the Champ Game in two of my leagues (one that I can win some $$$) and in the Last Place game in my third league...weird how that works out...

So, does anyone think it is fair that Wade changed his QB after the games have ended? Commisioner is this fair to be able to do? So even thought you pick a starting team and your players don't do squat you can pick other players after all the games had finished to get your best score. I didn't notice this before but since a friend of mine was in the final game with Wade I watched how his QB only had 1 POINT and than he changed it to the QB he didn't start and ended up getting 30 some points. If this is legal so be it. But this could be how someone was undefeated. :fs1:

If legit Congrats Wade. But in no other leage I have been in is this legit. soapbox.gif

So, does anyone think it is fair that Wade changed his QB after the games have ended? Commisioner is this fair to be able to do? So even thought you pick a starting team and your players don't do squat you can pick other players after all the games had finished to get your best score. I didn't notice this before but since a friend of mine was in the final game with Wade I watched how his QB only had 1 POINT and than he changed it to the QB he didn't start and ended up getting 30 some points. If this is legal so be it. But this could be how someone was undefeated. :fs1:

If legit Congrats Wade. But in no other leage I have been in is this legit. soapbox.gif

WTF.... check again...I made all my lineup chnages before the early games started...go ahead and email NFL.COM and they will tell you that there is NO way it's even possible with their on-line setup before you start tossing accusations around... Sounds like sour grapes to me...

I watched the weather report in New England and knew that Warner would have problems... San Diego had far more to play for, so I started Rivers...

Last time I checked 11:56AM ET (only 7 minutes after Rocket Dogs made a lineup switch) is before the kick-off of the first games...Not much, but they lock your lineup for the players of the early games as soon as they start...so what your making accusations of is not even possible...

86598151fa1.jpg

Wade

I'm not like that. I have nothing to gain from this at all. I was just stating that before I went to bed last night I logged in and it showed you had Warner as your starter. Logged in this morning to see how many point you got because your running back did awesome and it showed Rivers as your starter. If you never checked after the start of the games how do you know that it never updated until last night for some reason. I said if all is legit than congrats and from what your saying all is legit. It's just that I saw it and the person you are playing saw it on two different computers. :???:

Wade

I'm not like that. I have nothing to gain from this at all. I was just stating that before I went to bed last night I logged in and it showed you had Warner as your starter. Logged in this morning to see how many point you got because your running back did awesome and it showed Rivers as your starter. If you never checked after the start of the games how do you know that it never updated until last night for some reason. I said if all is legit than congrats and from what your saying all is legit. It's just that I saw it and the person you are playing saw it on two different computers. :???:

Just don't like being accused of something untrue and impossible by the league rules and setup...

I take my FFL very seriously...have played for nearly 20 years (before anything was on-line)...I'm very competitive and would also jump someone's junk if I thought something funny were going on...

BTW, I'm pretty sure that I would have beat your buddy even starting Warner (which I didn't)...

Wade