black and white?

JeepcoMJ

so what are the laws on black and white paint?

specifically, painting a vehicle to look similar to a cop car

i'm thinking black fenders, header panel, main cab up to the drip rails, and bedsides, with white doors roof hood and tailgate as well as bedrails.

it would say COMANCHE across the top edge of the front fenders, and CHIEF on the top forward edge of the bedside (similar to the eliminator decals)

then it would have my number as a club member on the rear upper portion of the bedside on each side as well (my number is 757) and I'd set it up with winches forward and back.

what do you think?

Sounds like a great idea. I can't imagine that there would be any law about how you paint your truck as long as you don't intentionally try to impersonate or pass it off as a law enforcement vehicle.

I never checked my member # before so I just went and looked. I don't think I want to post that on my truck ... 666 ... :eek: :evil: :laughin:

The problem with using a number from the "memberlist" is that if anyone gets removed with a lower number than you, your number changes.

The problem with using a number from the "memberlist" is that if anyone gets removed with a lower number than you, your number changes.

Not true. Forum software does not decrease the number of the member if Pete or Eagle were to remove someone. All that happens is that number is removed from the database. The next new user would be incremented just the same as the last, so JeepcoMJ will always be 757, unless Pete changes the type of software the forum uses.

I've never heard of a law or rule on this and I've seen plenty of old cop cars that are sold at auction driving around. As long as you don't put a star or sheild on the side of it and emergency lights on top with a siren, I think you'll be fine.

You could be the MJ police. :D Your motto could be to Serve and Protect all MJ's from mistreatment, bad mods, and the boneyard.

:cheers:

Not true. Forum software does not decrease the number of the member if Pete or Eagle were to remove someone. All that happens is that number is removed from the database. The next new user would be incremented just the same as the last, so JeepcoMJ will always be 757, unless Pete changes the type of software the forum uses.

OK...I guess it's a different version here then. The site that I Admin on changes everyones number when I delete a user.

Sorry fir the "jack" ... back to Black & White now ;)

Color scheme does not matter in any state. You can not put on Wisconsin State Police, Fire Department or any other state bureau. You can put on Wizconzin Poleez or similar. You can not put on any light bar that uses the clear, blue, red combination flashers. You may use single flashers but not in the above combination.

What you've proposed sounds to me like a go.

thanks guys...this is the paint scheme I'm thinking of on my 87 short bed once I get around to painting it (I'll paint the front end parts on spare parts and just swap them out, and the box wouldn't be too bad to do actually...

Our local police cars aren't black and white, they are painted solid black, and have decals applied to them. About 10 years or so ago, they were solid white, with decals. The last black and white police car I saw was in Smokey and the Bandit. That was from 1977 or so.

Our local police cars aren't black and white, they are painted solid black, and have decals applied to them. About 10 years or so ago, they were solid white, with decals. The last black and white police car I saw was in Smokey and the Bandit. That was from 1977 or so.

Ours are still B&W because we're 30 years behind everyone else.

Pat, if you paint it black and white, you're gonna need a few other parts to make it right. Starting with the motor..........

"It's got a cop motor, a 440-cubic-inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas."

Oh, and fix the cigarette lighter. :D