How do you remove the wiper arms?

On the wiper arm itself there is a little tab (see green arrow) that you pry out with the straight screwdriver. Once the tab is out you can lift up on the wiper arms and they should come off. They may be a bit difficult to get off, so take your time and be careful if you try to pry on them.

100_1784.jpg

On the wiper arm itself there is a little tab (see green arrow) that you pry out with the straight screwdriver. Once the tab is out you can lift up on the wiper arms and they should come off. They may be a bit difficult to get off, so take your time and be careful if you try to pry on them.

100_1784.jpg

So that tab will slide away or to the right of the arm?

Thanks for the picture.

So that tab will slide away or to the right of the arm?

It will pry out (to the right). The "lip" will move away from the black part. Put a screwdriver between the black part and the shiny part and pry a little bit. It will only move about a 1/4" and than lift up on the wiper assembly.

But first pull the blades off the windshield to the stops in the arms. Now the tab will be free to be pulled.

????

Pulling the wipers away from the windshield has no effect on those tabs.

The side skirt of the arm prevents the tab from moving and once it is pulled out it now holds the blade off the windshield. Little bit of a safety feature. The spring loaded arm prevents the tab from falling out of engagement so that the arms won't work off the spline.

The side skirt of the arm prevents the tab from moving and once it is pulled out it now holds the blade off the windshield. Little bit of a safety feature. The spring loaded arm prevents the tab from falling out of engagement so that the arms won't work off the spline.

:agree:

You can't pull the tab out until the wiper arms are "up" against the stop. The the tap hold the arm up. Then work the back of the arm back and forth to work it off the stub, lifting straight up.

FYI - once the arm is off the stub, you will see a "gear" looking end of the stub=

This "gear" was designed by my next door neighbor when he was with Trico back in the early 80's ;) Cause 2 years ago, I brought the MJ home, and he came running over, yanked the wiper arm off, and pointed at the gear and said......"That's my gear" :shake:

Yea.....I got stuck putting the wiper arm back on :roll:

Oh......any complaints about the gear......I'll give you his address.