Jump to content

87MJTIM

Members
  • Posts

    3055
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9

Everything posted by 87MJTIM

  1. Hello Everyone. I found this site a few months ago and have been snooping around. I finally signed up. Its an '87 4.0L, 5sp, 4wd, Longbed, 260k original miles. My wife bought it out of college new. I started driving it in '91 when she moved up to a Cherokee. It became a spare vehicle when I got a '97 Wrangler. Both the Cherokee and Wrangler are long gone, but the Comanche LIVES ON! About two years ago I started to drive it regularly. It is showing its age - lots of aches and pains. I am wanting to get it restored to (almost) original condition. While I have the apptitude and physical ability to do most of the work, I do not have the time, space or tools to take on that task. I am asking for advise/suggestions on what to look for in a shop to do the work. Should I find a shop that specializes in restorations, specifically Jeeps? Can a small local mechanic take on this project? Can it be done in phases - engine and drive train, mechanical, body and paint? I live near Frederick MD, so if you know of a shop in MD or southern PA, let me know. Thanks Tim
×
×
  • Create New...