If You Live Between N.c. And Texas...

Biotex

I'm going to be driving from Asheville NC thru Memphis, Little rock, Dallas, Abilene etc...

1500 miles. If something bad breaks, and I can't fix it on the side of the road, i would love to have a plan B like someone in the area who can help out.

Please pm me your phone number if you are willing to help out just in case.

The truck is in great shape, but I will be alone without a lot of tools, you get the idea...

Eric

Good luck Eric. I'm in the Charlotte area, so you won't quite get to me. Are you making the trip by yourself?

Yes, I will be by myself. Actually, I'm landing in Charlotte on the 22nd at 3:00PM where I have a guy going to get me to where the truck is about 2 hrs North. I got his number from craigslist ride share. He's charging me $120, which is a cheaper than a rental, but less hassle to have to turn it in and all. Iwould be happy to give you that money instead...

PM sent :thumbsup:

Thanks for your info. PM returned.

Eric, I got ya covered from Shreveport to Ft. Worth. Pm sent. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I've got the Little Rock area covered, now a lot of Texas. Bad part is I don't have a way to log on to the forum. I still have a flip phone :doh:

I'll take lots of pictures though unless I get done in by a serial killer (JK) (row faster, I think I hear banjos) :rotfl2:

Sorry to say I don't own a tablet or a laptop. Our ranch is 25 miles from the nearest cell ohone signal. In town we have no 4G, or 3G, so I don't bother. The little bit I travel, just doesn't make it worth it. I will take pictures, but it will be night time during the first half of the trip.

What you need is a SPOT satellite tracker. They are not real expensive to buy or for the subscription. You may even be able to rent one. With the press of 1 button, it will allow you to e-mail all the people who have given you their e-mail address and they will receive an email and can go on line to see where you are. In the event of a breakdown, press a different button and it will e-mail everyone on your list that you need help and where you are. You only need to borrow a computer / internet connection to set it up.

I am in Tampa Florida and scheduled to fly to Charlotte in the am. Just wanted to mention that I rented a 2013 jeep Grand Cherokee for my stay here. It is a Limited with all the options. GPS, attelite, Rear Camera, double length automatic sunroof, power everything, remote start, etc...

I really really feel sory for future Jeepers that have even the slightest hint of an electrical problem. All that luxury does come at a price. No way i'd ever take a vehicle like that off road. I took some pictures of it, but no way to upload them until I get home. 1500 mile trip begins tomorrow. Thanks to all on here who have offered to help.

Eric should be well on his way back to Texas. We came back through Charlotte about 8:00 last night. His bag didn't make the flight, so he had to go back to the airport to pick it up before he could start the trip back home. I was only able to snap one decent picture, but he is totally excited. Other than a leaky rear main seal, he should have a trouble free return.

Just spoke to Eric. He crossed into Mississippi around 9AM.

MIssissippi? That wasn't on his original route plan.....I trust all is well and he made a mid-trip mod!

"I'm going to be driving from Asheville NC thru Memphis, Little rock, Dallas, Abilene etc..."

Yup, I opted to add a couple hundred mile onto my trip so I could get my luggage. Turns out the plane was 200 lbs. overweight, so they randomly grabbed luggage and put it on the next flight. I didn't want Ryan to have to sit around, so we picked up the CHE, and then i drove it back to Charlotte airport to retrieve my luggage. Got that done, and headed home. Since i'm in Charlotte, I chose the southern route, but will mention that I was happy to get out of the cold front anyways.

The truck ran about as perfect as could be. No issues mechanicaly at all. Turns out it wasn't the RMS leaking. It is the input shaft seal leaking tranny fluid. Every time i got gas I would check out the leak and noticed it getting worse and worse. I decided to play it safe and purchased all the parts and tools to allow me to add oil while on the road. I put in a quart after 500 miles, then two more after 1000 miles. I made it home, so all is good.

I knew about the leak before I purchased the truck, so I knew what I was getting into. The price was good, so hey! I have my new Comanche sitting at the house ready for service. Most of the hard stuff has already been done, and it was done correctly. That is a HUGE plus. BTW, the pontiac seats are the most comfortable buckets i have sat in lately. Really made the trip bearable. Not having cruise was the worst of it. (aren't we spoiled?)