door buzzer

just a question but did the 89 comanche have a door buzzer?

if so can i get a pic of the fuse box to see weree it is

There is a Chime Module. The chime module calls attention to several conditions:

1) The driver's seatbelt is not buckled

2) The key is in the ignition and the Driver's door is open

3) The vehicle lights are on after the ignition switch is off

1 & 2 above happen if you have the black module, all three happen if you have the blue module. These modules are located on the left side of the fuse box (blue one in picture), they can be a pain to remove. I have a couple of blue ones if you need one.

Tearing that thing out might have been the first mod I did to my 88. :D

I actually replaced the black ones with blue ones in all three of my trucks, I got tired of leaving my lights on. On the other hand I did disconnect the wiring to the seatbelt so that doesn't buzz. :D

I actually replaced the black ones with blue ones in all three of my trucks, I got tired of leaving my lights on. On the other hand I did disconnect the wiring to the seatbelt so that doesn't buzz. :D

I did the same thing. Another useful feature is the Headlamp Sentinel delay feature. I had the delay module sitting around in a box of electrical stuff, and plugged just it in, the wiring was already there. It works fine, just turn the key off, pull the key, then shut off the headlights. They stay on about 30 seconds, then click off. If you don't want the delay feature, shut off the headlights first, then the ignition. :cheers:

I was doing alot yesterday to my 86.

Like installing the gauge cluster, looking for wires to install those courtisy lites under the dash when I pulled out my door switch and cleaned it. Now my door buzzer works. I wish that I never cleaned it. :roll:

I did the same thing. Another useful feature is the Headlamp Sentinel delay feature. I had the delay module sitting around in a box of electrical stuff, and plugged just it in, the wiring was already there. It works fine, just turn the key off, pull the key, then shut off the headlights. They stay on about 30 seconds, then click off. If you don't want the delay feature, shut off the headlights first, then the ignition. :cheers:

X2 with Don, I have found that headlight delay is really useful (as we have no streetlights here).

Another useful feature is the Headlamp Sentinel delay feature. I had the delay module sitting around in a box of electrical stuff, and plugged just it in, the wiring was already there.

Hey Don,

Do you have a picture of where this sentinel delay box is located?

Anyone know if '91-'95 ones fit in '88-'90 (or if they came with them)?

Another useful feature is the Headlamp Sentinel delay feature. I had the delay module sitting around in a box of electrical stuff, and plugged just it in, the wiring was already there.

Hey Don, Do you have a picture of where this sentinel delay box is located? Anyone know if '91-'95 ones fit in '88-'90 (or if they came with them)?

Here's a pic (not mine), but there's only one connector hanging down from the cluster that looks like this. And yes, all our MJs had this in the harness (except maybe not the 86's). I mounted mine on the sheet metal cross brace behind the lower das support. HTH. :cheers:

Image Not Found

is it a buzz or dinger

Like a swarm of angry mosquitoes. :D

Yes, it's annoying. I had the brilliant idea one day of paralleling a 12V buzzer across the turn signal can to "remind" me the turn signals were on. Now THAT was really annoying. :headpop: It didn't last long..........