WI flooding

89eliminator

I just learned about all of this stuff in my water resources engineering class. I found it interesting but a PIA to calculate all of the flowrates and times of concentration and such. Even our professor told us that the formulas used to calculate that stuff were just "ball park numbers" and that there were NO precise ones in water resources. Every good engineer will design something to withstand problems related to water resources but because there are no defined formulas its all relative (and therefore subject to 100% error)... just something I found interesting...

Best of luck to all of you guys down there in Wisc. - hope you are all unaffected by this stuff...

i think everyone is alright. the road TNT lives on is flooded pretty bad and i know jeepco's garage had water everywhere in it :roll:

the water in the shop was actually from condensation as a result of rapid heating/cooling, and a few areas from roof leaks (30 year old tin roof= leak)

all's well here. had the 3800 halfway up the doors though driving to work yesterday morning. i've got a hole in the floor on the front right, and need to tear the carpet out again and redo the floor apparently... :roll:

I was watching CNN today and saw a house overlooking Lake Delton, and it slid into the lake then floated away in the current. Makes you feel sorry for all those who lost everything! Reminds me of the floods I’ve seen here in the NW. Scenes like this, makes me glad I invested into outfitting my MJ with a snorkel.

I was watching CNN today and saw a house overlooking Lake Delton, and it slid into the lake then floated away in the current. Makes you feel sorry for all those who lost everything! Reminds me of the floods I’ve seen here in the NW. Scenes like this, makes me glad I invested into outfitting my MJ with a snorkel.

and those people couldnt get flood insurance because they were on a dam controlled lake. so they lost everything.

and those people couldnt get flood insurance because they were on a dam controlled lake. so they lost everything.

fortunately for them, the failure of the damn is actually a state problem and if taken to court, either A. the county will have to pay, or B the state's taxpayers will pay and we'll pull budget from somewhere else statewide.

the government should have flood insurance, they're just not gonna want to own up to the problem.