I gots me a question....

When i took all the badging off and taped everything up to paint it, i noticed that i had a cherokee and a comanche fender badge. comanche was on the right, and cherokee was on the left. This got me curios, so i started checking junkyards and sure enough other comanches had the same deal, cherokee on the left and comanche on the right. Was this some sort of factory mess up, or did they just randomly grab a cherokee fender and slap it on there?

That is odd...BUT, what I find even more intriguing is the fact that you can find enough MJ's in salvage to duplicate the issue. When I was looking for seats for mine, I found one MJ in salvage out of at least 8 phone calls to yards around here.

Comanches are much harder to find that Cherokees, and newer Cherokees with less rust are a plenty, whereas Comanches were discontinued in 92.

I have a fender from a 96 Cherokee Sport on the driver's side, and one off a Cherokee Laredo for the passenger side (but not yet installed). I have the Comanche and Pioneer badges I took off the old fenders, though, and they will be going back on after (if) I ever paint it.

there is a yard down in Greeley Colorado that has a ton of cherokees and i think 4 comanches. non of the comanches were 4x4 though. i really was hoping to find one and put my powerplant in it so i would have a 4x4.

• 2 weeks later...
there is a yard down in Greeley Colorado that has a ton of cherokees and i think 4 comanches. non of the comanches were 4x4 though. i really was hoping to find one and put my powerplant in it so i would have a 4x4.

mind giving me a name to the shop... :brows: