I cant figure out why my alternator stopped working!!

Twisty

Any ideas why? :D

Turns out that the bolt for my tow hooks is within a 1/4 inch of the alt. Everytime the motor mounts are loaded, then unloaded it causes the alternator to smash against the bolt. All I need to do is take the bolt out, and grind a little off the end. Easy fix!

Mmm, might be a good time to upgrade your alt? You can never have too much available amps. :cheers:

I pulled one off my parts XJ, other wise I'd get the 136 amp (or whatever the number is) model. Gotta love free parts!!

Mmm, might be a good time to upgrade your alt? You can never have too much available amps. :cheers:

I pulled one off my parts XJ, other wise I'd get the 136 amp (or whatever the number is) model. Gotta love free parts!!

Yeah, that's correct. I stuck on a 136A from a ZJ; needed it to run the electric fans. Fits right in w. no grinding. Tight though..........

I've seen two different types of nut for that passenger side tow hook bracket bolt. Older Renix's have a regular hex head nut, but the newer engines have a "sleeve" type of nut that has a very low profile head, but the shank of the nut fits inside the hole in the framerail. IIRC, the bolt is a bit shorter too. Might wanna try one of those, they give an extra 1/2" of clearance or so.

Jeff