Torque spec's for valve cover bolts?

I tryied searching on this site but could not come across what i was looking for.

I'm redoing my vc, new ccv stuff, paint and cleaning. just wondering what i should torque the bolts to, too properly seat the new gasket? Is the tightening pattern the same as the cylinder head? Thats the system i used to remove it. Middle out wards.

any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Hand tight; where you can grasp and grip the part is usually 3-4 ft lb. after you've turned it as far as you can. Finger tight; where you use the tips of your fingers to tighten the nut/bolt is usually around 1 ft lb. Put your socket and extension on the nuts and turn them down by hand as tight as you can in the sequence MiNi Beast suggested. Then take an open end wrench and watch the hex on the bolt head and just tighten it by moving it 1/16th of an inch. That should put you really close, 5 -6 ftlbs won't hurt it but 10 ft lbs may break it.

i have a torque wrench I just didnt know if it would be a little different with the rubber gasket instead of cork

cork you need be more cation or else it will crack, there cheap temp fix, but the specs are the same, it's spec for permanent gasket.

So to get the right torque i did an Azz kinda move. Bought a torque wrench from Canadian tire :Canadaflag: and returned it after i got the vc tightened down. :oops:

Thanx for the quick replies jamminz.gif

With some cleaning an painting. THe hole point of this was to stop my blow by. Replaced the ccv stuff two. Well put 300km on it know leaks and blow buy finggers are crossed.

I realy realy wanted to keep it but, well i'm just broke. I can't even aford gas for the mj. :oops: I'm always realy hard on cash the end of the school year. But its all good i start my sweet internship job Monday and that means two weeks till payday :cheers:

I do have a nice craftman ft-lb torque wrench which i proudly display in the garage.

Cheers,