Line-X is done...now I'm pissed...

BLHTAZ

We did work out a deal...although not 100% to my liking, but being that it had been only slightly over 6 months since painted, I couldn't fight too much. I would have legal ground if I wanted to push it as I have a member of my Florida forums that is a lawyer and he has advised me on it, but it's just not worth the hassle and expense.

Guest vzehler

I think that Line-X dealer is up a creek without a paddle considering he did not make sure Tina initialed the disclaimers, otherwise you would be screwed.

Sorry to see your paint like that though... I have never heard of anything like that happening before now. I know that bedliners are harsh but usually paint is pretty cured after about 6 months.

Good luck with everything and keep us posted on how it turns out.

Hey Brent... any word on if this was ever "resolved" to your satisfaction?

I'm now in the "market" for a spray in Liner and there is a LineX and Rhino Lining shop in the area, so I just wanted to see if this guy took care of you or not...

me too, i got a rhino-linings quote of $400. still gotta check out the local line-x dealer

Hey Brent... any word on if this was ever "resolved" to your satisfaction?

I'm now in the "market" for a spray in Liner and there is a LineX and Rhino Lining shop in the area, so I just wanted to see if this guy took care of you or not...

me too, i got a rhino-linings quote of $400. still gotta check out the local line-x dealer

I haven't called either place yet... I know that many would recommend Herc and a roller and do it yourself, but I'd rather just pay to have it done nice (as long as they don't mess up my paint... :eek: ).

I was reading on a couple other forums that Rhino might be better for the inside of a Tub of a TJ/CJ/YJ, etc (A Little softer and maybe better sound deadening) and Line-X Better for a Truck Bed like for our Pickups (harder, more durable for long term)...but that's just what I'm reading...

I'm guessing about $400ish for either place, but will have too see.. the Rhino website said something about a $50 Costco membership discount which might be nice!

Sw2

from reading all of this i gather if i am planning on getting the truck repainted at some point i would actually be wise to do the bedliner and the over the rail (because i plan on doing that) BEFORE my paint job.

YES...!!! ;)

• 2 months later...

Instead of starting a whole new thread, I thought I'd revive this one to get more input on pricing and any problems encountered.

Wade1 and Wade2, did either of you ever get yours done? What brand and how much?

Yesterday I the local Rhino guy quoted me $450 for over-the-rail on my long bed. And that was after he "gave me a good deal". Also, he said at that price he could not accept the $25 coupon you can get on Rhino's site. Seemed pretty high to me. I think I could get him to $400 no problem, maybe lower. I didn't try to negotiate yesterday though since it will probably be a few months.

Anybody had theirs done by Speedliner?

Instead of starting a whole new thread, I thought I'd revive this one to get more input on pricing and any problems encountered.

Wade1 and Wade2, did either of you ever get yours done? What brand and how much?

Yesterday I the local Rhino guy quoted me $450 for over-the-rail on my long bed. And that was after he "gave me a good deal". Also, he said at that price he could not accept the $25 coupon you can get on Rhino's site. Seemed pretty high to me. I think I could get him to $400 no problem, maybe lower. I didn't try to negotiate yesterday though since it will probably be a few months.

Anybody had theirs done by Speedliner?

Wade1 I'm pretty sure did... Check his Project Thread...

Wade2... Not So Much... I'm pretty sure I'm having Engine and Tranny problems (both still run but seldom sound or "feel" real happy), so I couldn't bring myself to spend the $$$ yet.

SW2

I had black (they have color choices) Reflex shot in mine under & over the rails for $350. It appears to be as good if not better than Rhino as it hasn't faded or lost any adherene & it been on over a year. Maybe thers a Rflex applicator in your area. This is over a year old photo, but, it still looks like this today. Image Not Found[/img]

I for one absolutely HATE drop-in plastic bedliners. They warp, crud gets under there and promotes rust even faster, and anything that can slide on it will.....a lot. Annoying.

Definitely talking spray-in, roll-in, paint-in etc. here. Now, mine came with the sweet factory rubber mat, which I will probably put back in, if for any reason because it says Jeep on it. But it has the raised, hard "feet" all over the bottom of it that keeps it from just laying pressed against the metal, so it has done a great job because when you pull mine up the floor is perfect. But, my PO also ran a cap on there most of the time too. ;)

Are any of you guys removing your bedliner to have the spray on put in? is the spray on better than a bed liner? anybody use both?

thats what i did. i had a drop in, but debris and such would always get underneath it. and yes, the spray on is 400000000% than a drop-in IMO.

Agreed...the drop-ins cause more damage than anything. Spray liner is the way to go. I know there are much less expensive DIY options, but there is just no way that any of them are going to be as good, protect as well or last as long as Line-X, Rhino, Hot-Spray etc, etc...

I will not be removing the factory drop-ins on either of my trucks.

however, I WILL be spraying my own bedliner in (herculiner) on both of them, then re-installing the factory bedliner.

the reason I don't like the drop-in is that if it moves, it rubs out the paint. this has proven to not be the story with good spray-ins.

I can't justify not reinstalling the bedliners....everything slides over them so nicely. I LIKE to be able to slide my snowmobile in the back of my truck by myself (without the carbides gouging the bed all to hell).

the only thing you need, when using a drop-in liner, is more tiedown points. just because it slides around doesn't mean it can't be made secure.

I will not be removing the factory drop-ins on either of my trucks.

however, I WILL be spraying my own bedliner in (herculiner) on both of them, then re-installing the factory bedliner.

the reason I don't like the drop-in is that if it moves, it rubs out the paint. this has proven to not be the story with good spray-ins.

I can't justify not reinstalling the bedliners....everything slides over them so nicely. I LIKE to be able to slide my snowmobile in the back of my truck by myself (without the carbides gouging the bed all to hell).

the only thing you need, when using a drop-in liner, is more tiedown points. just because it slides around doesn't mean it can't be made secure.

yeah, but a lot of people don't like there cargo to move around.

that's what straps and proper tie-downs are for.

now you're gonna tell me that they don't want to inconvenience themselves time-wise :nuts: :eek:

not at all. I'm just saying that i can put something in my bed, and i don't have to have it totally secure and it still won't slide.

now you're gonna tell me that they don't want to inconvenience themselves time-wise :nuts: :eek:

Well now that you mention it Pat, yeah I will tell you it's an inconvenience, in every way. You don't think it's inconvenient to have to tie down ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING you put in your bed??!! like a tool box, or a chain saw, or simple garden tools? Pain in the @$$! Period.

Well now that you mention it Pat, yeah I will tell you it's an inconvenience, in every way. You don't think it's inconvenient to have to tie down ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING you put in your bed??!! like a tool box, or a chain saw, or simple garden tools? Pain in the @$$! Period.

Agreed. It does become a nuisance when youve got to tie down a 30 pack on your way back from the liquer store instead of 'setting it and forgetting it'...until you get to the party :brows:

I will also agree with Jeepco that having plenty of tie down points is extremely necessary when packing for an outing. It's hilarious seeing things flying out of the back of people's pickups simply because they couldnt strap it down.

So in my opinion (which isnt much of one), your both right. :cheers:

It just depends on the context. Sometimes we are in a hurry and would like to place things in the bed without them flying about, other times we have the time to plan and pack accordingly with the right amount of tie downs securing all of the cargo.

And now that we are WAY off topic... :popcorn: