Stupid drunk college kid

69CamaroSS

So i'm crashed out the other night when my girl comes in the room. "babe, theres someone pounding on the door." I jump out of bed and grab one of my hunting knifes(you know just in case :brows: ) I swing the front door open and scare this kid. He stands there with this shocked look on his face "uhh am i at the wrong place?". I say "yeah, i don't @#$%ing know you..." he says "oh, uh sorry" I say "yeah" then slam the door in his face. Maybe i wouldnt have been so hostile if the jackass wasnt pounding on my door at 3 in the morning for 10 minutes. ha good times :chillin:

I don't know where you live, but opening the door was NOT a good idea. Yes, you armed yourself ... with a knife ... but the first rule of gunfighting is "Bring a gun." (Or "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.")

There have been several ARMED home invasions around here in recent weeks, and the invaders were armed with guns. If you had opened the door on a home invader rather than a drunken undergrad, he/they would have seen the knife and shot you on the spot.

Do NOT open your door to unknown parties pounding on it at 3:00 a.m. Talk to them through the door if you wish (standing well to the side where they can't see you and hopefully can't shoot you through the door) or, better, just call the cops and tell them it sounds like someone is trying to break in your front door.

not a big fan of the 9, when it comes to situations like that i like to have good fire power as well as intimidation, thats why i use my colt python. i figure the .357 ougt to have enough knockdown for me and the look of a revolver with a 6 inch barrell in their face causes a bit of incontanance.

Erik :beerhead:

not a big fan of the 9, when it comes to situations like that i like to have good fire power as well as intimidation, thats why i use my colt python. i figure the .357 ougt to have enough knockdown for me and the look of a revolver with a 6 inch barrell in their face causes a bit of incontanance. Erik :beerhead:

Yes, I've had .357s, .44s, .38s, etc., all good. But I'm old school, and I've never used a sweeter shooting piece than my old Walther P38. I guess what matters most is what you're comfortable with. :chillin:

I've never used a sweeter shooting piece than my old Walther P38. I guess what matters most is what you're comfortable with. :chillin:

Isn't that the signature gun for 007?

I've always though a simple pump action shotgun would do the trick. Less aiming and less chance that you blow through the target and into something or someone else.

"There's two sound that are embedded into ones memory, the sound of their mothers voice and the racking of a shotgun". :hate banana:

:cheers:

I've never used a sweeter shooting piece than my old Walther P38. I guess what matters most is what you're comfortable with. :chillin:

Isn't that the signature gun for 007?

I've always though a simple pump action shotgun would do the trick. Less aiming and less chance that you blow through the target and into something or someone else.

"There's two sound that are embedded into ones memory, the sound of their mothers voice and the racking of a shotgun". :hate banana:

:cheers:

the only problem with the shotgun is the length, if your opening the door it would take that extra second to raise up. with a pistol you could open and aim at the same time. i have a colt .380 nite light from colt custom thats very comfortable but then thats going back to a small caliber and lack of intimidation. :hate banana:

"There's two sound that are embedded into ones memory, the sound of their mothers voice and the racking of a shotgun".

Taint no doubt about that. The neat thing about that noise is that it means so many things, and in any language too. Someone should invent a doorbell that makes that sound.

My favorite way to greet late-night uninvited guests is by slipping out the back door and going around the side of the house, with Mr. Glock of course. A really bright motion activated porch light has 'em squinting as I walk up from behind.

not a big fan of the 9, when it comes to situations like that i like to have good fire power as well as intimidation, thats why i use my colt python. i figure the .357 ougt to have enough knockdown for me and the look of a revolver with a 6 inch barrell in their face causes a bit of incontanance.

stainless/chrome adds a bunch too :brows:

stainless/chrome adds a bunch too :brows:

yeah, mine is polished stainless.

the only problem with the shotgun is the length, if your opening the door it would take that extra second to raise up. with a pistol you could open and aim at the same time. i have a colt .380 nite light from colt custom thats very comfortable but then thats going back to a small caliber and lack of intimidation.

"Intimidation" should not be a consideration. The bottom line is, you should NOT be opening the door to a stranger at 3:00 a.m. Period. Not even if it's an innocent-sounding female voice. Scum bags have girl friends, too, and they have been known to use same as decoys. If someone says they need help, ask them who they want YOU to call and what the number is or, better yet, just tell them you'll be happy to call the police for assistance and see what happens.

To hell with intimidation. Don't open the door. The gun is for shooting someone who tries to break through the door, not for posturing after you've let the scumbag in.

My black lab is a sucker for (anyone's) attention and world champion coward. He doesn't protect me, he hides behind me looking for protection.

My 50 pound greyhound sheperd mutt is just like that. But the one time someone tried to sneak in through the backdoor of my house the damn dog was out of control. You would have though he was rabid the way he wouldn't back down. And my hound has a really strong bark, which is good since he needs to count on his bark scaring off anyone (he's blind).

I feel much safer sleeping while my dogs are on watch, I'm sure some of you guys are the same way.

the only problem with the shotgun is the length, if your opening the door it would take that extra second to raise up. with a pistol you could open and aim at the same time. i have a colt .380 nite light from colt custom thats very comfortable but then thats going back to a small caliber and lack of intimidation.

"Intimidation" should not be a consideration. The bottom line is, you should NOT be opening the door to a stranger at 3:00 a.m. Period. Not even if it's an innocent-sounding female voice. Scum bags have girl friends, too, and they have been known to use same as decoys. If someone says they need help, ask them who they want YOU to call and what the number is or, better yet, just tell them you'll be happy to call the police for assistance and see what happens.

To hell with intimidation. Don't open the door. The gun is for shooting someone who tries to break through the door, not for posturing after you've let the scumbag in.

your absolutley right, i was focusing more on IF the door were opened rather than just telling them to @#$% off from inside.

i have 2, 10lb dogs.. they can't usefully attack anything. but, if she hears a strange noise the min-tzu will bark her a$$ off which gives me enough time to have jen call the police while i go kill the bastard