SUPER Rare XJ/MJ Gauge Cluster w. Police Speedo on FleaBay

HOrnbrod

Cool!!! Whats that idle switch do exactly?

It simply applies a ground to a pin on the ECU (haven't schematic-ed it out yet) that raises the idle RPM about 500 more than normal so the cops can have increased donut munching time w/o overheating. Prolly back to closed loop, but I'm not sure. But I do have one of these speedos and will be installing it shortly. I'm told the police speedo built-in circuit board logics the frequency of the sender into correct needle deflection w/o mods to indicate correct speed. I'll know soon........ :D

So the idle switch will when flip give you a high idle?

My buddy, Dune Coon, did something of this sort. He installed a silnoid on his trottle linkage on body so you flip a switch and it bumps the idle up, this being for his winch and duel batters and all his dang lights. picture of his ride under my build. It's a pretty sweet set up. Going to do the same down the road

My buddy, Dune Coon, did something of this sort. He installed a solenoid on his throttle linkage on body so you flip a switch and it bumps the idle up, this being for his winch and duel batters and all his dang lights. picture of his ride under my build. It's a pretty sweet set up. Going to do the same down the road

You have a stick no? If your crawling in the rocks, you SHOULD have a hand throttle anyway. Unless you have three feet! :roll: :eek: :D It takes a bit to get used to, but when you need it its like pure gold!!!

I also use it to govern my throttle in the TJ for heavy /long winching and "jumping" another jeeper etc. Its very slick and no electricity is needed.

CW

Well if you guys aren't going to bid then I just will... I'll swap in a tach and sell it back on ebay..

Errr, that won't work JT, unless you swap out the circuit foil piece on the back of the cluster. On the tach-less clusters there is no provision for the tach input from the connector.

Well if you guys aren't going to bid then I just will... I'll swap in a tach and sell it back on ebay..

Errr, that won't work JT, unless you swap out the circuit foil piece on the back of the cluster. On the tach-less clusters there is no provision for the tach input from the connector.

I know I meant to say i'd swap the speedo,,, or I might just use it,,, I have a electro speedometer cable..

well crap..... someone snuck up and snatched it up,, I swear I was winning with 4sec's left... oh well.... I really didnt want it.. I hope the guy who got it likes the fact I pushed the price up on it!! hehe. I was really just wanting the cool switch!! lol

I hope the guy who got it likes the fact I pushed the price up on it!! hehe.

i'll sell you the switch.

You bought it???????? ughhhhhhhh...:headpop: :mad: :hateputers: :rant: :grrrr: . kidding.. You should have told me I'd let you have it for the bid I had.. I really didnt want it, just couldn't sit and watch it sale for 20 bucks!! lol

actually you didn't drive up the price, two people bid 30 for it. So i was going to pay what i did either way.

Cool... I just saw the bid history.. your right.. I still feel bad though.. :roll:

At least it will go in a MJ!!!

Man, I'm surprised the XJ guys didn't jump on that cluster. Not many left....

Man you know those guys can't read.... duh... j/kin.. For about 4 sec's I though I was going to be stuck with a gauge cluster I really didnt need...

My buddy, Dune Coon, did something of this sort. He installed a solenoid on his throttle linkage on body so you flip a switch and it bumps the idle up, this being for his winch and duel batters and all his dang lights. picture of his ride under my build. It's a pretty sweet set up. Going to do the same down the road

You have a stick no? If your crawling in the rocks, you SHOULD have a hand throttle anyway. Unless you have three feet! :roll: :eek: :D It takes a bit to get used to, but when you need it its like pure gold!!!

I also use it to govern my throttle in the TJ for heavy /long winching and "jumping" another jeeper etc. Its very slick and no electricity is needed.

CW

Yeah that is why I was going to switch out the tranny for a auto when I first got her, but was told not to, but I hated wheeling it. But now that I know how to work the clutch I love it and will never go for a auto. But yeah was looking into a hand throttle being, not much rocks up here, but will be moving to AL, south, I will be looking for some rocks, but yeah atleast a throttle bump for the accessories none the least.