Hi-Lift storage

Searched!!! I swear I have seen a thread like this before, maybe it was a different forum. Anyway........

Where do you guys with Hi-Lifts (48") store your jacks in your MJ's, with security/theft in mind?

If you can please post pics?

that's my brother's "tool bar" that he built. it has a hilift mount, clevis mount, clevis-hook mount, military shovel mount, gerry can mounts, spare tire carrier, and toolbox under the spare tire carrier.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

it uses an xj hood latch and cable, and an xj rear hatch prop to open the door. kinda a nice setup IIRC.

One thing to remember about outside storage is mother nature..... Occasionally remove it and run it up and down and apply lubrication.

One really bad place to mount it is in the front of the vehicle. it gets bombarded with everything not to mention its susceptible to impacts. not a good place. But behind the cab like we all have it is about the best for the MJ.

CW

One thing to remember about outside storage is mother nature..... Occasionally remove it and run it up and down and apply lubrication.

One really bad place to mount it is in the front of the vehicle. it gets bombarded with everything not to mention its susceptible to impacts. not a good place. But behind the cab like we all have it is about the best for the MJ.

CW

:thumbsup: X10

My game warden truck doesn't leave the driveway without a working Hi-Lift jack. Since the jack is in the weather all the time I have to keep the pins clean and lubed. Motorcycle chain wax works good- then I get a couple drops of oil from the dipstick when I have to use it.

I have yet to need to get on the radio and let the world know I'm stuck. :D

you guys are talking about your jacks being stolen where you live,,, in SoCal, most people don't have a clue what it is or does :dunce:

Metal is at it highest scrap price......

I work in new construction and they take everything that is metal. Wires, pipe, ladders, scaffolding and anything metal.