:eek: reinforcement I hope?

You don't think it will hold up? :???:

I'm going to add a piece of 6" C channel to the front cross member, then build a bumper around the entire thing. I don't expect sheet metal to handle the pressure of a winch. ;)

Willy

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek: reinforcement I hope?

You don't think it will hold up? :???:

I'm going to add a piece of 6" C channel to the front cross member, then build a bumper around the entire thing. I don't expect sheet metal to handle the pressure of a winch. ;)

Willy

:laughin: I know but wanted to sure it was posted so someone checking it out this far don't jump the gun and go do it them selves then expect it to work. :roll:

Started the bumper.

This gives a rough idea of the approach angle. It may even be better than with the stock bumper.

One of the side brackets. I'm using all of the steering box bolts and going clear back to the large hole a little further back. The hole on the right will be for a D-ring mount. I would actually prefer to not have the D-ring mount sticking off the front, but I couldn't think of a better way to incorporate a tow point. I could have added a tow hook underneath similar to the mounting for most tow hook brackets, but I like the upside down tow hooks even less than the D-ring mounts. :dunno:

Willy

Have you mounted the rear bumper yet? if so could you post some pics? i like the idea i just want to see how it looks before i decide to cut my rig up.

Thanks

Rich

It is currently sitting to the side waiting for paint. Once I pull the front bumper off for finish welding I'll pull the MJ out of the garage so that I have room to paint it.

Willy

how do you like the ecteds?

So far so good. Only one wheeling trip with it at this point, but they worked well. Very quiet. No clunk or anything when they engage.

Willy

Hey what is a website or how does a guy in utah get one of those belly pans and there frame strengtheners it there a website or a phone number that i could call cause i like that belly pan and I have access to build and bend my own arms and great project I like how you have done everythimg with it!!!!

Hey what is a website or how does a guy in utah get one of those belly pans and there frame strengtheners it there a website or a phone number that i could call cause i like that belly pan and I have access to build and bend my own arms and great project I like how you have done everythimg with it!!!!

Thanks!

Here is their web site. This is the belly pan. It doesn't list the control arm mounts for the belly pan so I would ask them to send you one with the mounts if you plan to attach your control arms to their belly pan. They are very helpful. They lengthened my belly pan so that it would protect both of my transfer cases.

They also offer the Y-Link upgrade that you may want to consider. It includes the belly pan and the long arms unless you just really want to make your own arms. This is the route I went.

They currently don't offer the unibody stiffeners for MJs, only XJs. I asked if they would work on MJs when I ordered the suspension. They said they could be made to work, but there are so many differences between the unirails that it would be more worthwhile to make your own.

Willy

Thanks!

Here is their web site. This is the belly pan. It doesn't list the control arm mounts for the belly pan so I would ask them to send you one with the mounts if you plan to attach your control arms to their belly pan. They are very helpful. They lengthened my belly pan so that it would protect both of my transfer cases.

They also offer the Y-Link upgrade that you may want to consider. It includes the belly pan and the long arms unless you just really want to make your own arms. This is the route I went.

They currently don't offer the unibody stiffeners for MJs, only XJs. I asked if they would work on MJs when I ordered the suspension. They said they could be made to work, but there are so many differences between the unirails that it would be more worthwhile to make your own.

Willy

Thanks for the link to there website I guess a poor college kid like me better start saving some money to afford there product!! So far how are you liking it and the mounting to the weak frame thing it looks pretty strong but that stupid uni body just makes me wonder when it comes to hookin something up to it thanks again

G Hunt

Thanks!

Willy

Thanks for the link to there website I guess a poor college kid like me better start saving some money to afford there product!! So far how are you liking it and the mounting to the weak frame thing it looks pretty strong but that stupid uni body just makes me wonder when it comes to hookin something up to it thanks again

G Hunt