• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isnt it nice buying a whole truck and knowing all you really need is the front axle housing! :D

Yes. :yes:

It's got a few other nice parts that I should be able to get some money out of - NP435, 9 inch rear, 390 engine. The transfer case is a single speed Dana 21, but we've got a lot of racers around here that may be able to give it a home. 8)

Willy

Are those the welded on or cast radius arm mounts? You cutting the width down or is it narrow to start with? IDK much about those era D44s, I kinda skipped that step when my bastard D30/44 didnt pan out!

They are welded on. I specifically avoided the cast mounts.

It is a full width 1/2 ton truck axle that I'm going to narrow.

Willy

pretty sure some 37s would look good under there now with the 44. :brows:

The 35s have plenty of tread left. :P

The wheeling really isn't even that difficult around here to need to go to 37s.

Willy

wow i don't know where to start awesome awesome thread i just read it from start to finish very nice build, very nice workmanship and awesome pictures from your trip. ill enjoy seeing this get better and better.

wow i don't know where to start awesome awesome thread i just read it from start to finish very nice build, very nice workmanship and awesome pictures from your trip. ill enjoy seeing this get better and better.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Willy

Monday I dropped the wheels off at Longfield's to have the beadlocks welded on. While I was there I picked up a set of D44 u-joints with the gift certificate Deb won last month. :D

Got rid of all the Ford brackets.

Now I've got this pile of stuff building. Anybody need any of this?

Willy

I found mention of Napa part #82699 banjo bolts in another D44 build, so I picked up a couple. Looks like they'll work great without the need to drill out the brake lines.

After hours and hours of grinding I was finally able to break through the weld on the inner Cs.

Success! The passenger side C with the removal device.

The driver side C on its way off.

No more Cs.

After removing 40 years of crud.

Willy

dude the project is great :bowdown: did you get any of there other mounts with it? Been looking into using the truss seems nice!

Yes, coil spring and shock mounts. As well as the upper control arm and high steer track bar brackets.

Willy