does anyone know...

voltageyz0

the goods and bads about a 4cyl, 4 speed mj? http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/car/604034110.html

good, MJ

bad, slow

good, body looks nice

bad, 2wd

good, it's an mj (i know i said it but i'd like to reiterate)

bad, 4 speed and 3.55 gears

seriously, it looks pretty clean. the interior seems to be a pretty common color so parts for that are easy to come by. 4 cylinders are slow, plus 4 speed = 3.55 gears so that's none too fast, BUT you get around 19mpg on average when it's tuned up (my average is when i'm into the throttle ALOT) a 5 speed would be better, cause it's 4.10 gears. but, not necessary. parts are easy to come by, maintenance is easy, it's economical and reliable.

i say, do it. look first, haggle, and do it

the goods and bads about a 4cyl, 4 speed mj? http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/car/604034110.html
getting speeding tickets with that rig would be only a far off dream,never to be achieved.

You must have never met a NC State Trooper..........

no i have'nt as of yet.when i am in nc it is usually on my motorcycle and almost always on the windy back roads that i love to "play"on.when i am on the main roads or interstates,i never speed.you are just too much of a sitting duck.i guess it's just too hard for the cops to make the big money writing tickets on the back roads. not enough traffic.probably the only time they patrol these roads is at nite when it's easy pickin's to bust the drunk rednecks in their p/u trucks on the way home from the bar!

getting speeding tickets with that rig would be only a far off dream,never to be achieved.

You must have never met a NC State Trooper..........

no i have'nt as of yet.when i am in nc it is usually on my motorcycle and almost always on the windy back roads that i love to "play"on.when i am on the main roads or interstates,i never speed.you are just too much of a sitting duck.i guess it's just too hard for the cops to make the big money writing tickets on the back roads. not enough traffic.probably the only time they patrol these roads is at nite when it's easy pickin's to bust the drunk rednecks in their p/u trucks on the way home from the bar!

oh man your 100% right,, those guys lie in wait for the next sucker that speeds by them..lol

You wouldn't believe the number of license checks I've been through in the last 2 months.. Thursday I went through one, and there were like 6 cars pulled over on the side... Its so bad around here that one of my friends got a ticket for a park light being out :roll: and her tires didnt have enough tread left.. it all added up to about 5 infractions on one ticket... The (female ) trooper made the girls grandfather come and pick her up, wouldn't let her drive her car anywhere.. crazy strict!

oh man your 100% right,, those guys lie in wait for the next sucker that speeds by them..lol

You wouldn't believe the number of license checks I've been through in the last 2 months.. Thursday I went through one, and there were like 6 cars pulled over on the side... Its so bad around here that one of my friends got a ticket for a park light being out :roll: and her tires didnt have enough tread left.. it all added up to about 5 infractions on one ticket... The (female ) trooper made the girls grandfather come and pick her up, wouldn't let her drive her car anywhere.. crazy strict!

haha. i had a cop try and write me a ticket for a burnt out reverse light once. i just flipped on my rear fog and said "factory improvement"...he laughed and let me go. it's nuts what cops THINK they have a right to do...one burnt out reverse light (which i actually just picked up the bulb for), and i guess you're done for.

haha. i had a cop try and write me a ticket for a burnt out reverse light once. i just flipped on my rear fog and said "factory improvement"...he laughed and let me go. it's nuts what cops THINK they have a right to do...one burnt out reverse light (which i actually just picked up the bulb for), and i guess you're done for.

right .. Just wonder how much better the country would be if they (police officers) would concentrate that much dedication on busting drug dealers and street gangs!

yeah they drive camaros, mustangs, chargers, tahoes, and get this,,,, XJ's! I saw a group of marked crown vic's pulling trailers last summer, and the trailers had Harley's on them painted the same black and silver.... ummm thinking about those bikes makes me hungry,, they were parked at a cracker barrel,,, now thats some good eating there!!!!

I think the new Chargers look the meanest though!!!!

cracker barrel is always good eating....so is Eatin park (and if you know what that is you hold a special place in my heart)

Pa used some XJ's i guess they have all been decomissioned at this point.

on point... i have an 88 with 4cyl 4speed. it won't win any races but has tourque enought to pull a boat (smaller one) ...more than my s10