almost

a1awind

got the work done that the garage asked me to do to my MJ today. patched the hole in the rocker, covered the aluminum tape on the bed with bondo, and put the new rear shocks on. ....oh i also put on the new wheels and tires too.

then i called the garage and they couldnt take me today .... I'm tinking dang, all they have to do is look at the putty and see the new shocks!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=31745835&albumID=906453&imageID=29787631

Here you go...

Those ford ranger/exploder wheels don't look that bad..

l_8fbf3b3498dd196f7db36c5d796785dd.jpg

WTH is your excremental brake system????? EDIT:

on another note this jeep was a demonstration vehicle for an inventor.

the guy i bought it off of's dad bought the truck to install a brake monotoring system that he invented. From what i understand, it lights a small LED on the dash for each corresponding wheel when that wheels brake pads get low. ....If you ask me .. its a great idea, most people never know they have low brake pads untill inspection or they hear that nasty grinding noise.

Pretty cool ,, I wonder how it senses the pad height....

l_b8fb52c4738bdb840476dfdbf592ec56.jpg

the explorer wheels/tires came from a co-worker for $100. his neice put her 96 explorer into a tree and he is parting it out. Btw the rear end is already spoken for.

the brake system is patented and is in the name of ray chodkowski i don't know the number. but an explaination of how it works is on line somewhere. The inventors son sold me the truck and i told him when i get the truck up to snuff i will work with him at getting the brake system working right.

Ps. thanks jt for getting the pic's up ... haven figured out how to do it on the laptop yet.

the explorer wheels/tires came from a co-worker for $100. his neice put her 96 explorer into a tree and he is parting it out. Btw the rear end is already spoken for.

the brake system is patented and is in the name of ray chodkowski i don't know the number. but an explaination of how it works is on line somewhere. The inventors son sold me the truck and i told him when i get the truck up to snuff i will work with him at getting the brake system working right.

Ps. thanks jt for getting the pic's up ... haven figured out how to do it on the laptop yet.

its so easy youll kick yourself...You see a picture you want to post??? Right click it and click "Copy image location" goto your thread post and paste it.. then you can triple click (click on the thing three times real fast) what you pasted, or highlight it and then click "IMG" thats under the subject line.. You can do that for any image, and even smilies !!!!

example; http://www.hot-screensaver.com/wp-myima ... es-car.jpg

is what I copied then I'm going to wrap the image tags around it like this

bill-gates-car.jpg

but don't leave spaces between like I did

and here's what you get

bill-gates-car.jpg

that brake system is used on multiple european cars and it works

Correct, Benz's and BMW's have had the pad wear sensors for years. It works, but it's a constant PITA maintainance though, keeping the sensors clear of brake dust and crud that constantly cause brake fault indicator lights on the dash. :eek:

he said that he and his dad went to every major auto man. in the usa too sell the system. they all declined. i think tryiing to sell it to CAR companies is a mistake. sell the system to kenworth or freightliner. espescially to medium duty truck companies.

my truck at work gets its oil changed and the wheels never come off. we can only tell if our brakes are bad if the truck doesnt stop easy or somthing else breaks and the wheels come off.....or inspection.

the system looks pretty simple and it uses a screw that gets pushed in as the pad gets low.