who hates...

JeepcoMJ

when you start a project that's going to be simple, and it turns into a whole conglomerate of different things.

this morning, i tore everything aftermarket off my cherokee, so i can sell it and not lose the parts (tube bumper, roof rack, subwoofer/amp) since they won't make much difference to the value of the vehicle anyways.

Image Not Found

anyways. start doing that. well, the thing HAD tow hook brackets at one point. the main piece is gone, but i've got another set...i want to make a main piece and just use this bracketry on it. well, to get one piece out, the steering box has to be removed. to do that, the radiator support has to be removed, and radiator has to be removed.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

well, while doing this with trying NOT to drop the radiator out, i located a leak from the water pump. damnit, i just replaced that. ah well it's fine, but the gasket was shot. so i replaced that. i hate cooling systems.

then, my rear brakes needed adjusted. so i got to work on that. went to it, got everything properly adjusted. stepped on the pedal, blew the right hand line going into the drum. damn.

well, while fixing that, the damn bleeder wouldn't come out...took the brakes apart and pulled the wheel cylinder, rebuilt it after heating it to remove the bleeder. put it all together, went to bleed it.

got it there....

then the OTHER line blew out

*sigh*

fixed that...same thing.

went to mount the stock chrome front bumper damn clips broke. *sigh* replaced those, got her going again.

*shrug* needed to vent. that was quite the ordeal....but now the thing is ready to sale.

a ha.....after the first issue, and definitely by the second, the classifed would read "sold as is..."

lol. none of this really cost me any money, just time. and time invested on this, gets higher value out of the car.

Its like you just described my day today. :cheers:

yea...my one full day off this week too. :nuts: you'd think i have better things to do :P

ah well, i DO love workin on jeeps. keeps me nice and broke and thus out of trouble.

I have 2 girls, 11 and 17. Trust me, there's a reason I'm bald on top and my beard is going gray.

Boy are SO much easier to raise. They will just beat the crap out of each other and keep the parents out of it. At least that's what my brother and I used to do.

Congrats!

Congrats on the new baby! my boy turned today.

lol. congrats to everyone with a child here...we've got quite a few new parents or soon to be parents here.

now, heaven forbid I actually end up having kids...can you imagine those little terrors? (i want a daughter too...and you'll hate me, but her first car will probably be a girly colored comanche. only one at her school...20 years from now. it'll be like if i drove a 71 challenger in h.s. just sweet jamminz.gif )

Congrats on the new baby! my boy turned today.

lol. congrats to everyone with a child here...we've got quite a few new parents or soon to be parents here.

now, heaven forbid I actually end up having kids...can you imagine those little terrors? (i want a daughter too...and you'll hate me, but her first car will probably be a girly colored comanche. only one at her school...20 years from now. it'll be like if i drove a 71 challenger in h.s. just sweet jamminz.gif )

It was sweet having a unique car at school (my mj). then others caught on to the mj thing and next thing i know there was 5. :eek:

It was sweet having a unique car at school (my mj). then others caught on to the mj thing and next thing i know there was 5. :eek:

i have an issue with that...

except...

it's all my fault. i SOLD a few of the local MJ's to people. now i see MJ's everywhere.

hahaha

6th sense.

"I see jeep comanches"

I'm having one of "those" weeks !

I just bought my first jeep. I figured it needed ALOT since i only gave 50 bucks for it and drove it home. She ran rough going home so i stopped at the parts store and grabbed a tune up. Put the tune up on and changed all fluids things were great.

Took a test drive, came home and shut it down. Then decided to leave and get me some tires ! Hit the key......Nothing....

So i ended up replacing the starting system. Everything from the battery to the starter. Cables all the little wires and the relay. For S*(%t's n giggles threw in a CPS. Drove it to a friends house about 20 miles away and she did fine. On the way home i walked about 4 miles to get my other ride and car hauler. The next day we replaced the charging system. The day after that i found a leaky rear main seal.... She is still sitting where i put it in park and walked away.

It was worth it i guess for a fun little project. Now if i could just get to the original project lol.

:D

i actually don't mind these kinds of small projects really. the kicker for me is i decided to sell the cherokee next day...took all of 3 hours, and the work I did made it worth that much.

now, i have a small amount of money for yet another project...

I don't mind the projects either. That was the whole idea when i bought it. I just wasn't expecting a trip home and then to a friends for some tires to be that big of a deal lol. It was for sure one of them times i needed to walk away for a bit. If the rain stops I'm gonna get back to work on it today :D jeeps are addictive !