Factory Wheels

Those 10-spoke "turbine" rims are 15x7. They're good for 10.50" inch wide tires. The usual rule of thumb is that tire width should not exceed rim width + 4". However, as you get into very large tires, with lots of sidewall height to allow for transitions, you can go wider.

However, do NOT run tires wider than 10.50 on those rims on an MJ. Even 10.50s will rub the lower control arms (in fact, even 30x9.50s will rub the lower control arms), but a worse problem is how close the sidewalls on the rear will be to the springs and the inner fenders. Running 31x10.50s on those rims, I had black rubber marks all over the inner wheel wells in the abck after every trip, and there's just a tiny bit of clearance to the leaf springs. An 11.50" tire will be another half inch closer to the fender, and will be probably making contact with the rear leaf springs. If you need tires wider than 10.50 you're better off using aftermarket rims with less backspacing.

Those 10-spoke "turbine" rims are 15x7. They're good for 10.50" inch wide tires. The usual rule of thumb is that tire width should not exceed rim width + 4". However, as you get into very large tires, with lots of sidewall height to allow for transitions, you can go wider.

However, do NOT run tires wider than 10.50 on those rims on an MJ. Even 10.50s will rub the lower control arms (in fact, even 30x9.50s will rub the lower control arms), but a worse problem is how close the sidewalls on the rear will be to the springs and the inner fenders. Running 31x10.50s on those rims, I had black rubber marks all over the inner wheel wells in the abck after every trip, and there's just a tiny bit of clearance to the leaf springs. An 11.50" tire will be another half inch closer to the fender, and will be probably making contact with the rear leaf springs. If you need tires wider than 10.50 you're better off using aftermarket rims with less backspacing.

Thats what i needed to know. I just wanted to upgrade from the 9.50's i am using now to a 10.50.