05 PowWow at The Badlands...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pics.. I feel really bad that I missed this ride now... Just looks like a lot of mud though :shock:

I am going on another ride on the 12&13 of November to a place called Crozet... I can't wait. Most of the clubs built rigs are going, and it promises to be interesting.

Patrick

The area is very sandy and so the "mud" isn't bad at all. There was plenty of rain the previous day and yet we didn't come across a single place I thought anyone could get stuck in the muck. In lots of the watery places there's actually a hard bottom so you don't sink in. I was pleasently surprised. (I don't really care for mud all that much).

That being said, there were plenty of places to get high centered. Underbody armor is of the utmost importance no matter how lifted you are. The MJ's long wheelbase make our rockers more susceptible to damage than an XJ or wrangler. My rocker guards give me a freedom to try things I wouldn't have even thought about before. Even if my Jeep was completely stock, wait..., no 2wd would suck. Ok, even if it was a completely stock "4x4", I would have tried everything I did if I had good rocker protection. I was purposely dropping my truck *hard* onto rocks and such and came out with a big smile and no damage. :D

Jeep on!

--Pete

Nice pics.. I feel really bad that I missed this ride now... Just looks like a lot of mud though :shock:

Patrick

The Badlands is not overly muddy by comparison to alot of places. It is in the midwest so you only have so many rocks available for the so inclined.

But if those pics look too muddy to you, don't ever, ever, ever go to Redbird in Southern Indiana. A friend commented the place seems to cater to the big foot/small brain crowd. Other don't hit destinations would be the Pipeline in North Eastern Wisconsin, and Cliff's Insanse Terrain in IL in the spring/early summer.

Had a Geat time at Badlands

Thanks for organizing the trip Peter is was perfect

My son had a great time and thought everyone was "cool"

I have burned the pictures my son took so if anyone wants a cd send me your addy and I will send you a copy

Also Pete I want a copy of all the video you took, Thanks

(If you need a blank cd or dvd I can send you one)

Tom Laine

2079 Canary Ln

Fairfield ,Ohio 45014

How many bites do you have total? I can accept up to 20 mB at a time through my hotmail account. Since I'll be sending out video tapes anyway, it makes sense to me to gather all the photos onto one CD and send it out with the tapes (unless I figure out how to get the video onto the CD too).

petermontie@hotmail.com

Jeep on!

--Pete

explain rocker protection :o or high centered.......do you have a drawing and or good pics of yours from underside........even thought this is like closing the door after the horse is gone :cry: .....in all seriousness it really was great conditions for playing on many different surfaces great for the mid-west.......also i would highly recommend tow hooks for everyone

The area is very sandy and so the "mud" isn't bad at all. There was plenty of rain the previous day and yet we didn't come across a single place I thought anyone could get stuck in the muck. In lots of the watery places there's actually a hard bottom so you don't sink in. I was pleasently surprised. (I don't really care for mud all that much).

That being said, there were plenty of places to get high centered. Underbody armor is of the utmost importance no matter how lifted you are. The MJ's long wheelbase make our rockers more susceptible to damage than an XJ or wrangler. My rocker guards give me a freedom to try things I wouldn't have even thought about before. Even if my Jeep was completely stock, wait..., no 2wd would suck. Ok, even if it was a completely stock "4x4", I would have tried everything I did if I had good rocker protection. I was purposely dropping my truck *hard* onto rocks and such and came out with a big smile and no damage. :D

Jeep on!

--Pete

:-D

high-centered:

ok, so I'm not really high-centered there, just merely trying out my breakover angle. How about this one: :D

I found a nice view of all my 1/4" protection in my Moab photos. I put so much effort into making sure I had those rocker guards done in time for that trip, and they never touched anything. :(

Jeep on!

--Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost finished making the copies. I've tried numerous things and I simply give up trying to improve the quiality of my Moab footage or to get the stupid VCR to stop flashing a date stamp on the screen at apparently random times. :evil: I should have everything wrapped up and in the mail by Wednesday (or maybe Thursday). The Moab stuff is a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy so you don't have to watch it all (although you'll miss some funny stuff), but after that I added some professionally produced 4wheelin' vids, so fast forward for that. :D

Jeep on!

--Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it seems that someone in the post office didn't feel that a CD counted as "media mail", even though the lady at my post office said it did. :( Did anyone else get the re-burned CD? This is becoming quite frustrating.

Jeep on!

--Pete