lift kit

I have no personal experience with that kit. I have also been looking at this kit but am undecided. The bolt-on SOA setup looks pretty good, but you can do that for way cheaper if you have axcess to a welder. It depends on how much you want to lift your truck. For less lift, go with Hell Creek or Rusty's 3" or 4" leaf springs (add a leafs can stiffen your suspension and sag over time) and for the front go with Rubicon Express' 3.5" lift for a Cherokee and scrap the aal that comes with it. I'm not an expert with this stuff, lots of this information has come from freerocknok, blhtaz, 89eliminator, and cwlongshot (so thank them for most of this). Thats all the info I have right now.

That's the kit I was talking about that was only half a kit. You'd still need to buy upper and lower control arms and they ain't cheap.

You don't need the complex bolt-on thingy if you're going to weld anyway.

And going SOA is a lot of lift for 31s. Are you prepared for the even bigger tires and new gears and a new rear axle? Each addition inch of lift cost way more than the last one did. My advice is to stick with your plan and try not to bite off more than you can chew. :cheers:

If i was in your position, which i was a few months ago, i would do it once. Save up for the lift kit/lift parts that you want. And lift it to the height that you want it at.

I always wanted a 6in lift front and SOA rear. Well i first did 3in in the front with no lift rear, then 5in lift in the front with a AAL and extended shackle in the rear,

but that wasn't tall enough so i got the Rustys 4.5 SUA leafs. But then the back was higher so i got 6in coils,

but then the Rustys leafes werent the best for offroading because they would drag so i did the SOA

so to jump in this lift thread, what is the simplest lift to meet the following needs:

1. Minimal off-roading, trail running and a little muddin' at worst.

2. Clearance for max of 31x10.5s. I happily have 30x9.5s now and would like to have just a little more stance in the future, with the option to go to 31s no problem. I only get rubbing on a full lock turn, so I should be ok there but from what I've learned here I would probably get a set of WJ control arms to go ahead and eliminate that when I get around to lifting it.

3. Cost. The almighty equalizer.

I bought the 5" version the first time I lifted my MJ and have since replaced it. The only parts I have left on are the e-brake extension kit and the front shocks. The rest was replaced for various reasons but I wouldn't buy it again.