Thinking of selling my parts truck, and the other parts vehicles I have with it, what would you ask?

dasbulliwagen

I'm sorry, I know, I hate the "What should I ask?" posts too, but I really am looking for advice on how you think the best way to do it would be. here's the context...

I have an 86 MJ that I used as a parts donor for my 87. I swapped the axles, the transmission, the HVAC box, the power steering etc from this truck to my 87. Its now just a 2wd roller with minor floor rust and some bedside damage. I also have an 86 Wagoneer with some front structural sheetmetal missing, and other exteriorbody damage, and a partially disassembled bad 2.8. It however has an A904, NP228/229, and non disco front axle. I'm not sure on the gear ratio, but from what Ive found, it may be 3.73. It also has all the AC and P/S stuff in it that could be put back in the MJ. On top of all that, I have a good running (when it wants to run, possible starter issue or security issue) 1994 Camaro 3.4/ 4L60 that was meant as a donor for the MJ to build it. The MJ and the Camaro have titles not in my name. These are all in Central North Carolina.

My question is, if I sold this as a group, as a project, what would a good asking price be? Or do you think it would be easier to sell them separately. I have $125 into the MJ, and $1500 into the Camaro. The Waggy was given to me free. Would this be more interesting as a project grouping, or am I just dreaming here? Thanks.

FB_IMG_1518456229492.thumb.jpg.a63efa28da4fc73e49f71454613bd392.jpg

I would be very interested in the Camaro if you'd be interested in separating. I'm also only a 2 hour drive from you. Edit: As far as the value of the Camaro, I've been looking really close lately trying to find a donor for my 86 and the going rate in at least the 250 miles range I've been looking in seems to be $2000-4000 for the 3.4s mainly dependent on mileage. Not sure how the title comes into play because I haven't come across one with that particular situation.

As for the value of the others. I'd say the 86 roller would probably fetch $1500ish going on the prices I see on FB and CL. The Wagoneer is a different beast. To the right person it would be worth a good bit, but to the average XJ buyer I doubt they'd give much for it. You might have better luck moving that one on the XJ Wagoneer group on FB.

3 minutes ago, The86manche said:

Does the wagoneer have a header panel? Likely not but shot in the dark

That’s on his limited MJ build. 

Also if you weren’t far, I’d be interested in the automatic set up. 

19 hours ago, The86manche said:

Does the wagoneer have a header panel? Likely not but shot in the dark

It doesn't, sorry. It didn't have any of that on it when I got it. Anything Wagoneer specific was gone. I mainly took it as a drive line donor. 

I'll throw this out there if it helps any with the Camaro - None of the 93-95 L32 cars (or 93-95 LT1 cars) had BCMs. Those showed up in 96. They do have a VATS module, though. Old GM Pass-Key II system that had a resistor pellet in the neck of the key.

http://shbox.com/1/vats_bypass.jpg

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#pass_key

http://shbox.com/1/pass_key.html

• 2 weeks later...