Intermittent wiper question.

I recently added cruise control to the truck and added the intermittent wiper stalk. I just got an intermittent wiper module and plugged it in and still just have on and off. Do I need to switch something out in the steering column? I assumed it was just a plug and play. If I need a part please include the link to buy it. Would like to have the intermittent wiper function. Thanks guys. 

You need to change the switch in the column. If you have a tilt column you can still get a switch new. If it’s a non-tilt column it’s almost impossible to find. You’ll probably need to buy one used. This is the tilt column switch:

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/standard-ignition/standard-ignition-windshield-wiper-switch/std0/ds572

1 hour ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

You need to change the switch in the column. If you have a tilt column you can still get a switch new. If it’s a non-tilt column it’s almost impossible to find. You’ll probably need to buy one used. This is the tilt column switch:

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/standard-ignition/standard-ignition-windshield-wiper-switch/std0/ds572

I have the non tilt column, floor shifter. 

19 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

I wonder if there’s a GM equivalent out there for non tilt.  

My dad has an 89 Chevy k2500 and it also has the Saginaw steering column but the circuit for the intermittent wipers is different. The Chevy has all the intermittent circuits in the wiper motor housing and not as a separate box. The switch might fit inside the column but the circuits are not the same.

I dug into this a while back thinking I might try adding intermittent wipers to my short bed.
The GM part numbers are different than the Jeep ones even in the aftermarket. What that means I can’t really say. 
DS812 is a non-tilt intermittent switch used in square body chevs from ‘84 on. It has the same connector and number of pins as the DS570. A Saginaw column being a Saginaw column it should fit in the Jeep column too.  But does it do the same thing as the DS570 just with different wire colours? Is the pin out different?  I can’t really say. And it’s not cheap either to gamble on.

I basically came to the conclusion it would be better to swap to a tilt column at the same time and then not have to deal with the non-tilt intermittent problem. But then again I’ve got a manual trans/floor shifter in that truck.