what manual transmissions of any kind, will fit a 4x2 4.0l L6 with a BA10/5 original?

is there a cross reference of readily available, more common trannies that will work? Sketchy BA10's and AX's can be found but are hard to trust and trustworthy ones, if available, will cost more than the truck is worth. I don't care if it is from a different brand of vehicle, but it needs to be manual and for a 2WD, thanks for any ideas

I think it's going to be tough to find anything other than a BA10/5 or AX-15 that will work, specifically because of the need for a CPS, so you can't work backwards.

NV3550 might be doable: https://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/transmissions/manual/nv3550

Novak also lists other manual transmission upgrades in that same article, that won't be exactly plug-n-play but can work.

You should be looking at Craiglist and Facebook for transmissions for sale.  Also, search out local junk yards near you.  You will want to get the AX15 and bellhousing (preferably external slave cylinder with all the internal bellhousing parts) the tcase (the one for the BA10 won't fit the AX15), the crossmember, the tcase shift linkage, and maybe more that I am forgetting.