wheeling ettiquete

JeepcoMJ

I spelt the title wrong. oh well.

first off, I apologize for language. I tried to tone it down a bit.

a kid posted this on a facebook group I'm on...

Derrick-

"I also love winter. i get to go snow bogging down snomoble trails, and gravel roads!!! and i get to do donuts and almost FLIP!!!!"

wtf?

my response

"derrick you dumb f*, if I caught you in your f*ing jeep on the snowmobile trails I'd beat the motherlovin piss outta your @$$ and leave you beggin me to put you outta your misery.

offroad ethics people.

1. stay the f*k off other people's property, unless explicit permission is given otherwise

2. stay the f*k off trails that aren't meant for you. alot of us wait an entire year for our trails to be opened for snowmobiling, and you go f*ing wreck it. great, thanks. make me beat the f*ing piss out of my snowmobile that cost more than your mid-90's wrangler did.

3. always help a fellow wheeler in need, they'll be more likely to help you in your moment of need.

4. be prepared; don't rely on everyone else to bring spare parts for when YOU f*k up

5. if you can't drive like a sane person on-road, you should probably not wheel around another living soul. your lack of care in an obstacle-free environment more than likely means you treat your rig that way, and worse, offroad. i.e. ur not a safe driver and likely to be stranded"

this goes for everyone. you wheel where you're supposed to. every time you go somewhere you're not supposed to, it gives ALL of us a bad name. end result, less people want trails for us, so less trails, less offroad havens. less funding for offroad parks. eventually it all dries up and we're all screwed. if I EVER see some idiot with his jeep on a snowmobile trail and he's doing something other than recovering his or his buddy's broken down sled, I WILL most definitely guarantee that I get you a ticket.

(you can tell, I snowmobile....you should see my feelings towards the douche's who see snow and pull the rope and go...let it sit and harden for gosh sakes, it'll last longer)

if we need to alter this post, please let me know. I will change it if need be, but I really feel that everyone needs to consider this.

:headpop: I could not agree more!!! It makes me so mad to see guys going where they are not suppose to go. We just lost a trail here in Lynchburg because the guys kept going off into the woods. I thought I was gonna have to fight once because I warned some guys about it. I knew the county was looking for a reason to close the trail because last year some dude flipped his rig in a area that he was not suppose to be and the recovery trucks couldnt get to it. The county gave him a week to get it out and it was there only 3 days and was basically stripped to the frame. jamminz.gif The guy was pissed but oh well. Its amazing what somebody can do with a onboard air compressor and a impact wrench. after that the county closed it down. Lesson STAY ON THE MAIN TRAIL and only go in approved areas. The guy claims is rig had over 20K in parts stolen and from what I hear he only insured a stock rig. Serves his dumb a$$ right.

i agree with you Pat.

i don't have a snowmobile, but i know how everyone gets when the first snow starts. Plus, some years we don't get a lot of snow, so if someone ruins the trails right away, the rest of the years sucks.

i only go wheeling at either friends property or dedicated off road parks. like the Badlands.

Tread lightly.

..I'm trying to tread as lightly as I personally can here. aside from the F* bomb being dropped a few times, everything I said is true.

Meant for all the four wheeling people. Be nice to our trails and tread lightly. It's not right when our trails get ripped to shreds and closed down cause a couple people aren't responsible.

Pat, don't worry, I woulda laid into the guy as well. And I don't even own nor ride sleds during the winter. I hate winter, but know well enough that there are others who absolutely love it, just for the sledding. I also agree that single purpose trails should be just that, SINGLE PURPOSE. Just because you think that you're king $#!+ of turd island, doesn't give you the right to mess things up for other people by invading and destroying something that is clearly labeled as THEIRS, not YOUR'S, or SHARED.

:headpop: :headpop: :headpop: SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS THESE DAYS!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

i agree with you Pat.

i don't have a snowmobile, but i know how everyone gets when the first snow starts. Plus, some years we don't get a lot of snow, so if someone ruins the trails right away, the rest of the years sucks.

i only go wheeling at either friends property or dedicated off road parks. like the Badlands.

X 3. Stay off the snowmobile trails.

I do wheel on the street when the snow is deep. Once the big snow piles get hard they can be a blast to climb and play on.

Everytime in snows I drive right next to the curb so the plow guy knows where the edge of the road is in front of my house.

If there is 5" or more snow one the roads I'll be out driving. I drive sane for the most part and stay on the road. If I get busted for a 4 wheel drift it's a risk I take. I never screw around in traffic.

A couple of years ago I did some mall crawling in Racine. The only parking was way out but they had some 10'+ tall piles of snow that where about 100' long and closer to the door. I drove up one end and parked on the other. The mall security was waiting for me when I came out... They wanted to ticket me, but I was parked above a parking spot. They said you're stuck up there anyway. I said B.S. and drove down in front of them. I turned around and went back over the pile again. They had a stock XJ. I went back and convinced them to try it. They made it with only a couple of back-ups. They drove over and said I made their day. :D

The next winter there where signs about staying off the snow piles. :roll:

i agree with you Pat.

X 3. Stay off the snowmobile trails.

I do wheel on the street when the snow is deep. Once the big snow piles get hard they can be a blast to climb and play on.

Everytime in snows I drive right next to the curb so the plow guy knows where the edge of the road is in front of my house.

If there is 5" or more snow one the roads I'll be out driving. I drive sane for the most part and stay on the road. If I get busted for a 4 wheel drift it's a risk I take. I never screw around in traffic.

A couple of years ago I did some mall crawling in Racine. The only parking was way out but they had some 10'+ tall piles of snow that where about 100' long and closer to the door. I drove up one end and parked on the other. The mall security was waiting for me when I came out... They wanted to ticket me, but I was parked above a parking spot. They said you're stuck up there anyway. I said B.S. and drove down in front of them. I turned around and went back over the pile again. They had a stock XJ. I went back and convinced them to try it. They made it with only a couple of back-ups. They drove over and said I made their day. :D

The next winter there where signs about staying off the snow piles. :roll:

That sounds like something Bruiser would do. Remember that story someone posted up about the street sweeper guy??