Friend wants a Comanche

Twisty

That MJ in the back comes with it as a parts truck. I'm going to see about getting that one for myself, because my friend has no room for it.

$950 for both. Not horrible if it does turn out to be a rust bucket. I also noticed that the bed/doors don't match the rest of the truck. I wonder if those were rusty, and thats what he used the parts truck for?

cool. how about some details, mileage, drivetrain specs, etc. and some interior pics?

i NEVER come across deals like this............

We're going to pick it up after Christmas. He's leaving for Ohio on Friday. We will arrange to get it when he returns. It has about 170k miles, 1987, 4.0, 4x4, standard, CD player. It is a daily driver now..so I guess it runs well. And supposedly, this is its FIRST New Endland winter. jamminz.gif

No idea about the rear axle though. I'm not too worried, because my friend is going to keep it a DD, and do some mild off roading. I'm thinking 3", 31" BFG ATs, and maybe a locker in the rear.

• 4 weeks later...

Well we spent the day picking up both MJs. The good MJ is in fantastic shape! The only rust is a small patch of surface rust on the cab corner. Underside looks great! And it has the D44 rear axle, factory front tow hooks, a rear hitch, and a front skid plate. The parts truck is a mess...complete rust bucket. We can use the transmission, and the rear axle though.

All in all it was a great purchase!

Well we spent the day picking up both MJs. The good MJ is in fantastic shape! The only rust is a small patch of surface rust on the cab corner. Underside looks great! And it has the D44 rear axle, factory front tow hooks, a rear hitch, and a front skid plate. The parts truck is a mess...complete rust bucket. We can use the transmission, and the rear axle though.

All in all it was a great purchase!

I'm looking for a cab section... have any plans for that? :brows: