Couple questions about87

Just brought home first Comanche, 87 pioneer, seven foot bed, auto, bucket seats. Couple questions, I do not see a fill neck on the radiator, doesn’t seem to have conventional radiator with fill neck on top. It does have plastic reservoir, passenger side of truck. What is the deal with this set up? Also, when I turn on right blinker both blinkers come on, no tail lights. Left blinker works fine. Sorry for the rookie questions, just starting to learn this thing. Also, the rear bed light now seems to stay on. More questions to come, please be patient. Thank you in advance for your time

the sockets are notorious for going bad so pull the bulbs and check inside for issues.  do any of the rear lights work?  if not, check the condition of the grounding wire behind the drivers side taillight. 

Would a later model radiator from Xj work? Thanks all for reply. Only lights in back that work is left blinker. Actually haven’t checked brake lights yet. Like I said when I try right blinker both lights blink

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't bother converting your cooling system unless there's something wrong with it. The closed system you have is less tolerant of leaks than the newer open system, and can be more problematic to burp all the air out of the system, but if there's no issues there isn't much sense in fixing what isn't broke. Most vehicles use a closed cooling system anymore because they're slightly more effective with the larger quantity of coolant in the system.

Multi-filament bulbs coming on strangely often means the ground is bad so the circuit then seeks a ground via the other filament's circuit. It's also not unheard of to have a single-filament bulb mistakenly shoved into a dual-filament socket which can cause similar issues. If you're pulling bulbs to check, consult this thread if you're pulling bulbs out to make sure you've got the correct bulb in the socket.