gm sm465 transmission to jeep 4.0

i have an 88 camanche. my peugot ba10/5 just went out so i bought a nv3500. that trans won't work because the bell housing is part of the trans and its for a chevy 350. so... i bought an automatic trans. i bought a new flywheel and the torque converter for the automatics. i don't want to buy a radiator, lines and all the levers and lincage to ,make that work. so i bought a muncie sm465. i hear good things about the muncie. i bought 2 bellhousing off of ebay from an ax5 and an ax15. the guys said they would work but arent going to work....grrrr. does anyone know what bellhousing will work? they have them at advance adaptors for huge money. anyone know of one that will work. i have a great junk yard here that charges little if i could just figure out what to buy. I'm tired of buying trans.

The bellhousing from a jeep T-4/5 can be made to work with a SM465. I just took all my bellhousings and cast aluminum in to be recycled or i would have sold it cheap (i think you can get them on ebay cheap also). and you will have to figure out a way to rig up the CPS

Here is info from novak adapters

http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/sm465.htm

AMC Jeep

The 465 may also be made to be compatible with AMC bellhousings. This modification has primarily been developed for conversions replacing the SR4, T4 and T5 Jeep® transmission as used in 1980-1986 CJ vehicles. 1972-1979 AMC 232, 258 I6 and all 304, 360 and 401 V8 engines can also be used with this transmission but must be equipped with a bellhousing, release arm, release bearing, and clutch disc from a 1980-1986 6-cylinder CJ. Our Kit #465-AMC can be purchased to simplify this process.

The 4.0L Jeep I6 (both Renix and Mopar systems) is adaptable using the same method as above, with the addition of installing a Crank Position Sensor (CPS) into the aforementioned bellhousing. This is a service that we provide affordably and in quick turnaround.

not sure what you mean. i do have the granny sm465. going to the jeep experts FNJeep tomarow morning, hopefully they have something for me.

yeah its the grany tranny, my trucks got one. beware! to shift into L (the real first gear) you have to be at a stop or dang near close. btw, i have 2.55s or something along those lines and I'm running 31's, I'm at 3k at 60mph

nv3500 to a 4.0! i would love to run that tranny. an adaptor, only 100 bucks I'm going to look into this more. i was unable to find that adaptor. ill look at novak and advance adaptors agian. i know you can do the nv3550 but the 3500 with the integrated chevy 350 bell i was unaware.